• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Finished my last nightshift last night for the foreseeable future and hopefully forever. It really isn’t good for you to be on permanent night shifts and especially when it’s summer really light out and you’re trying to sleep during the day. 4 young children and noisey neighbours doesn’t help. Living off 5 hours sleep when working nights too.

Cannot wait to work 8-5 and have every weekend off with early finishes on a Friday too. Nice and sociable hours and hopefully less being messed around.
As a former shift worker myself for 30 years I sympathise with you, I hated nights and felt rough all the time. Mind you I wasn't that keen on early shift either! Welcome back to the normal world!

As a former shift worker myself for 30 years I sympathise with you, I hated nights and felt rough all the time. Mind you I wasn't that keen on early shift either! Welcome back to the normal world!

Night work is horrible - especially 12 hour nights. I found at about 03:00 time seemed to stand still! Summer is worst of all, get home in the daylight, bin-men get amplified, on Sundays out come the power mowers etc making more noise (seemingly) than necessary. Some people just don't understand; my ex-wife would wake me on a Sunday lunch-time with a roast dinner. I explained, for me, it's breakfast-time and cereal and a grapefruit will do nicely. Who wants a roast dinner for breakfast? (actually, she would have done but that's another story).

It's like being permanently jet-lagged as I did 0600:1800 and 18:00-0600 at one point, but only doing 3 at a time meant the body clock was permanently out of kilter.

Night work is horrible - especially 12 hour nights. I found at about 03:00 time seemed to stand still! Summer is worst of all, get home in the daylight, bin-men get amplified, on Sundays out come the power mowers etc making more noise (seemingly) than necessary. Some people just don't understand; my ex-wife would wake me on a Sunday lunch-time with a roast dinner. I explained, for me, it's breakfast-time and cereal and a grapefruit will do nicely. Who wants a roast dinner for breakfast? (actually, she would have done but that's another story).

It's like being permanently jet-lagged as I did 0600:1800 and 18:00-0600 at one point, but only doing 3 at a time meant the body clock was permanently out of kilter.

Our hours changed so over the summer time we would work 2000-0500 but over the winter it would be 1830-0630 and the 12 hour nights were a killer.

Couldn’t agree more about people not understanding. Unless you’ve done nights then it’s hard to sympathise with someone who works nights. That first ‘day off’ after your night shift when you’re trying to adjust back into day mode. And then trying to adjust back onto nights when you are going on to a night. It’s not health for your body at all.

Picking up the last 'cheap' return flight seats from a short break to Jersey in September. £9.95 each. Very happy with that.

A comfy 6-3 win for our team in the darts last night. P2 W2 this season. Also, an excellent jukebox in the pub so my fellow players were treated to a medley of New Order, Echo And The Bunnymen, Pixies and Joy Division.

Medieval Banquet in st Katherine dock and an overnight stay tonight in the Grange Tower bridge.

This is my stomping ground so very much looking forward to treating the Mrs to a few of the cities delights as we bar crawl later on!

Roll on 4pm

The kids just bounded back from school absolutely buzzing after their school beat seven others in an inter-school sports competition.

Medieval Banquet in st Katherine dock and an overnight stay tonight in the Grange Tower bridge.

This is my stomping ground so very much looking forward to treating the Mrs to a few of the cities delights as we bar crawl later on!

Roll on 4pm

The Grange TB is right behind my office.

and a very nice place too

The kids just bounded back from school absolutely buzzing after their school beat seven others in an inter-school sports competition.

You might know that your nieces' school also did well yesterday in their inter school competition, with our Moo doing extremely well!

Back