• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

To keep the wife and kids happy and to stop the moaning about me going abroad to watch footie, I have booked a break for us all.
'Where you fancy dearest'
'York belovered, I love York or failing that, Bath'

A Premier Inn will cater for our needs, thinks I.
And it comes to pass that Premier Inns can stick their prices where the sun don't shine. York, 3 nights in October, £362.00. Bath for the same was £450.

So we are off to Bruges. Four nights hotel and Le Shuttle for less than 3 nights in York. Blighty can FRO in future for weekend breaks. My peace with Belguim has been made.

I'm off to Lille soon, then on to Voormezeele to visit my Grandfather's grave on the 100th anniversary of his death in action.

Lost £20 last evening, found it this morning in the garden. On the down side, drove into town for some shopping, walked home...:'(

I'm off to Lille soon, then on to Voormezeele to visit my Grandfather's grave on the 100th anniversary of his death in action.

What's Lille like? I am looking more at weekend breaks abroad rather than the UK purely because of the price. It's such a bloody rip off over here and I can drive to bruges quicker than I can to York.

What's Lille like? I am looking more at weekend breaks abroad rather than the UK purely because of the price. It's such a bloody rip off over here and I can drive to bruges quicker than I can to York.

It's nice enough but not a great deal there. Good for moules et frite.

Got attacked by one of the dogs at the work the other week. He did a good job of my arms with 8 puncture wounds and a bad laceration. But worst of all he broke my Fitbit. The screen was smashed so I thought I would contact Fitbit and see if they could fix it for me.

They emailed me and said it was not covered under the 2 year manufacturers warranty but have made an exception on my circumstances. They are sending me out a brand new replacement watch. Their customer support is outstanding!

No classes at the LFB this week, as they're on half-term ("semana blanca").

So we're off to Sitges later to celebrate that great win at Posh (and our wedding anniversary) plus walk along the prom. in the Feb.sunshine.:thumbsup:

No classes at the LFB this week, as they're on half-term ("semana blanca").

So we're off to Sitges later to celebrate that great win at Posh (and our wedding anniversary) plus walk along the prom. in the Feb.sunshine.:thumbsup:

Not much sunshine here in Blighty - and Storm Doris is rattling a few windows so a stroll along the prom might be a slog especially into the gale.

Got attacked by one of the dogs at the work the other week. He did a good job of my arms with 8 puncture wounds and a bad laceration. But worst of all he broke my Fitbit. The screen was smashed so I thought I would contact Fitbit and see if they could fix it for me.

They emailed me and said it was not covered under the 2 year manufacturers warranty but have made an exception on my circumstances. They are sending me out a brand new replacement watch. Their customer support is outstanding!

My fitbit died and customer services were great.

I'm praying Doris does the business and rips down the OLE on the WCML. Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!

I'm praying Doris does the business and rips down the OLE on the WCML. Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!

When clouds appear, wise men put on their cloaks;
When great leaves fall, then winter is at hand;
When the sun sets, who doth not look for night?
Untimely storms make men expect a dearth.

No trains running on the WCML. Thankyou Jeebus!

Did-i-hear-party.jpg

Back