• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Ah.Plus ça change.I seem to remember a time when you had to phone up in order to be allowed on the island to get a pub lunch there.

IIRC it was The George and Dragon, it must have been closed, along with the shop and post office for 20 years. If people have never been on The Island they are astounded at how much land is out there - at the back of beyond for sure.

IIRC it was The George and Dragon, it must have been closed, along with the shop and post office for 20 years. If people have never been on The Island they are astounded at how much land is out there - at the back of beyond for sure.

It's a huge area with very little there.

Lovely place though and I look forwards to my annual ride around the island.

People in our office often bring in sweets or wotnot to celebrate their work anniversary.

A lad here has brought in some 'Polish doughnuts'. Proper jam and sugar ones, the size of a small car.

People in our office often bring in sweets or wotnot to celebrate their work anniversary.

A lad here has brought in some 'Polish doughnuts'. Proper jam and sugar ones, the size of a small car.

Special guest star, instant diabetes. Trust me, it won't make you happy.

Special guest star, instant diabetes. Trust me, it won't make you happy.

They were *really* good though.

Having said that, there must be a ticking diabetes time bomb in this office as people seem to bring in sweets or cakes most days and for pretty spurious reasons. And the rush for them when the email goes out - it's like a plague of locusts.

Off shortly to sample the Chelsea hospitality tonight courtesy of my step daughter's very kind early Christmas present to us both - hubby's just a tad excited. Not often he gets to go to see his childhood team play these days, and getting to do so in style is going to be a huge treat!

Off shortly to sample the Chelsea hospitality tonight courtesy of my step daughter's very kind early Christmas present to us both - hubby's just a tad excited. Not often he gets to go to see his childhood team play these days, and getting to do so in style is going to be a huge treat!

I hope you enjoy your prawn sandwiches as it's back to reality soon enough. :hilarious:

I hope you enjoy your prawn sandwiches as it's back to reality soon enough. :hilarious:

Beef shin chilli and potato skins, wild boar ravioli, prawn linguine, hot dogs and chips was the pre-match buffet, with little mini burgers, cheesecake and chocolate cake brought round on platters, and pizza slices and mini steak pies afterwards. Free bar and vouchers for two free drinks inside the ground. Visits from Chopper Harris, John Hollins and Gary Chivers beforehand. No idea how much she paid but we very much enjoyed it - didn't much like the climb to level 5 for our seats though #hyperventilating

Last edited:
There's a group on FB called (something like) Conservative Christians for Trump which must be a parody which provides endless hours of laughing at illiterate yanks.

Back