• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Kids staying at their grandparents, early dinner booked for my wife and I at a nice Spanish restaurant, followed by night at the theatre. Excellent.

Have a great evening, whatcha seeing?

I am happy today because it is Friday and it's payday! :smile:

My bet is Aladdin or Jack and the beanstalk.

I wish. I far more enjoyed the Jack and the Beanstalk panto i saw with the kids over Christmas than I did Made In Dagenham. Went on for far too long and was average at best. Spanish meal before hand was spot on, mind.

I wish. I far more enjoyed the Jack and the Beanstalk panto i saw with the kids over Christmas than I did Made In Dagenham. Went on for far too long and was average at best. Spanish meal before hand was spot on, mind.

This was a musical version of the film,right? Looked a bit iffy.

Should have seen Sunny Afternoon.It's excellent.

Last edited:
This was a musical version of the film,right? Looked a bit iffy.

Should have seen Sunny Afternoon.It's excellent.

Correct.

Christmas present for my wife. Her Grandad used to work at Dagenham Ford and she absolutely loved it, which was the main thing. Most of the crowd seemed to love it too. Just not for me.

Oh, that's a shame. I would still recommend Jersey Boys to anyone wanting to see anything musical in the West End - absolutely wonderful.

Got a text yesterday saying I need to come in as I've been swapped shifts and need to put in leave for the next 4 days. Go in turns out I go back to work Friday do 4 nights then that's it for me for February! I've only just had 12 days off, this happens every year when it comes to the start of the year panic putting leave in or you lose it befor april.

Oh, that's a shame. I would still recommend Jersey Boys to anyone wanting to see anything musical in the West End - absolutely wonderful.

Seconded, although I've booked to see Les Mis again on the 18th April. The son of a friend of mine is playing Gavroche at the moment.

A colleague visited the US and brought back Hershey's chocolate.

Not a fan of the milk chocolate in comparison to our Cadbury's or a number of brands but the one with toffee and almonds was (IS - I will be back for more) superb and Reese's peanut butter filled chocolates are a winner too!

She can go away more often...!!

A colleague visited the US and brought back Hershey's chocolate.

Not a fan of the milk chocolate in comparison to our Cadbury's or a number of brands but the one with toffee and almonds was (IS - I will be back for more) superb and Reese's peanut butter filled chocolates are a winner too!

She can go away more often...!!

Funny, I always think American chocolate tastes like someone has been sick all over it.

Apparently each country has its own taste...

Funny, I always think American chocolate tastes like someone has been sick all over it.

Apparently each country has its own taste...

Totally agree with that! Cannot stand american chocolate but give me a Twinkie any day, can't wait for Miami in March :smile:

Turns out I was awarded ten shares in the US company I used to work for when I joined without me knowing.

Just received a statement saying five were sold to cover tax and the other five are worth six hundred quid.

I immediately sold them and a cheque is on its way from the USA.

Just had a eye check up and for the first time in years he gave me the all clear for a whole year,not a biggy i suppose but then i do hate having my eyes lasered even on a good day with the most zaps in one session being 640,now that starts off ok but after the first 100 zaps it gets a bit ouchy ouchy.

For some reason this really made me laugh.

The printer at work is low on toner, so when you use it to scan a document, and then email it to yourself, it scans in grey!

Heard a good one at work today. Someone told me that a friend of her's uses the saying, "(s)he's so Dagenhman". When people query what that means, he explains, "two stops beyond barking!"

Heard a good one at work today. Someone told me that a friend of her's uses the saying, "(s)he's so Dagenhman". When people query what that means, he explains, "two stops beyond barking!"

That's so totes emosh, and I'm so like not even joking.

Back