• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

One of my old bosses was an absolute c-unit when I worked under him, 10+ years later he's mellowed to be a genuinely nice chap, and it doesn't have seem to have phased him that people that used to be his underlings are now his superiors (obvs not me..!)

One of my old bosses was an absolute c-unit when I worked under him, 10+ years later he's mellowed to be a genuinely nice chap, and it doesn't have seem to have phased him that people that used to be his underlings are now his superiors (obvs not me..!)

Which begs the question,was it him thats mellowed or you,my vote goes to you.

This photo...

_81366899_woodpeckerweasel.jpg

This photo...

_81366899_woodpeckerweasel.jpg

Problem is he isn't hitching a ride he is trying to eat the poor woodpecker.

Can't go to the Wimbeldon game but mate text me and has a free ticket to Franchise FC vs Chesterfield so going to that tonight. Watch ex shrimper loanee's Ben Reeves, Jonson Clark-Harris and Caolan Lavery.

Problem is he isn't hitching a ride he is trying to eat the poor woodpecker.

Can't go to the Wimbeldon game but mate text me and has a free ticket to Franchise FC vs Chesterfield so going to that tonight. Watch ex shrimper loanee's Ben Reeves, Jonson Clark-Harris and Caolan Lavery.

imzab5MgX5c7l.gif

The service I got last night from the AA was brilliant, the patrol guy was really helpful. Turns out it was a loose fan belt which wasn't spinning the alternator causing the battery to not charge and it was flat. Simple easy fix, just need to give the battery a good charge or open up my wallet clear out all the moths and buy a new upgraded one. To top it all off saw MK lose last night and it was an ex shrimper who scored the winner.

The service I got last night from the AA was brilliant, the patrol guy was really helpful. Turns out it was a loose fan belt which wasn't spinning the alternator causing the battery to not charge and it was flat. Simple easy fix, just need to give the battery a good charge or open up my wallet clear out all the moths and buy a new upgraded one. To top it all off saw MK lose last night and it was an ex shrimper who scored the winner.

That's the first thing I would have checked.

Has a mechanic ever told you that you would fail your MOT because one of the suckers on your Garfield was gone and offer to fix it for fifty quid?

How long did the charging take?

:winking:

I knew the battery was not great it's been giving me problems for a while. It's a cheap crappy halfords one the previous owner put on. I'm going to replace it with a decent one, it didn't require a charge just a tighten of the fan belt and a bump off the boost pack and it sprung back into life.

Anyway, I am very pleased about this which Rebecca Harris announced this morning:

Developers have lost hopefully their final court battle to overturn the decision of the council and the Secretary of State to defend our Green Belt at Glebelands!All three Court of Appeal judges threw out the case. Justice is done, democracy is upheld and our Green Belt at Glebelands has been preserved. It was a long and bitter battle, but as a community we got there in the end.
The developers were stupid to name me in their legal action, what MP would not stand up for their residents and write to the Government on their behalf?! I advise any other developer who has eyes on our Green Belt not to try and play politics when I am fighting for my residents. You will not win!

Anyway, I am very pleased about this which Rebecca Harris announced this morning:

Developers have lost hopefully their final court battle to overturn the decision of the council and the Secretary of State to defend our Green Belt at Glebelands!All three Court of Appeal judges threw out the case. Justice is done, democracy is upheld and our Green Belt at Glebelands has been preserved. It was a long and bitter battle, but as a community we got there in the end.
The developers were stupid to name me in their legal action, what MP would not stand up for their residents and write to the Government on their behalf?! I advise any other developer who has eyes on our Green Belt not to try and play politics when I am fighting for my residents. You will not win!

Who is Rebecca Harris? Where is this mysterious Glebeland? Who are these NIMBYs?

Who is Rebecca Harris? Where is this mysterious Glebeland? Who are these NIMBYs?
Looks like residents of an estate built on open countryside 30 years ago dont want houses to be built on countryside....
wait for the complaints about the under 30s of the area not being able to afford housing in the area

It's the last bit of green belt in an area already over crowded and with roads clogged at rush hour. There were no plans to improve the infrastructure, with all access being through this one cul-de-sac, and the people who live in this area, and chose their homes in quiet back streets, can still enjoy the relative peace....or as much as the nearby A130 allows. Rebecca Harris is the MP incumbent for Castle Point.
Glebelands.jpg

Back