• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Probably really famous but I heard this on 6 music yesterday for the first time.

[video=youtube;NGhmn2i4DBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGhmn2i4DBU[/video]

The Guardian have lots of articles on clearing but never reveal how Polly Toynbee got into Oxford with one A level.

Surely that would be much more useful than comparing the relative merits of post 92 institutions.

(As I'm sure you're fully aware) unconditional offers are often made to Oxbridge candidates before their exam results come out.Not that I'm in any way condoning this practice.

(As I'm sure you're fully aware) unconditional offers are often made to Oxbridge candidates before their exam results come out.Not that I'm in any way condoning this practice.

My niece got those this year, even was offered a scholarship to Leicester but the silly girl turned it down to go to Hertfordshire.

But one A level?

Even Prince Harry has more than that.

Money opens doors, always has. Many overseas students have qualifications which are not up to A level standard; and many have results etc which are superior.
As an associated point I know someone who got his 11 plus "failure" daughter into Southend High by way of a large donation towards the gym that was being fund raised. But then he, and his family were the "right sort":winking:

Ha! Think Prince Charles only got one and was taken on a degree course too.As I implied, I don't approve.

Prince Charles actually graduated.

Prince Charles doesn't write articles three times a week about how unfair the UK is.

How many kids from sink estates worked at The BBC and The Guardian with one A level?

Just had the best banana cake and peanut ice cream in The Red Cow near Smithfield

To coin Kammys phrase " It was unbelievable Jeff " asked for the recipe and chef would only give me whats in it,no weights or cooking time as its his secret:sad:

I'm reminded now of my results day. A funny old one as of our group of four close pals, one got in to his first choice, one in to his insurance, one flunked completely and one (me) was in a bit of limbo as I got the right results but in the wrong subjects. So the mood was a bit mixed.

All ended up fine, although we went out for a very big booze up and I set a new record by still being sick at 8pm the following evening.

All good fun.

I remember it as a really difficult day, as friends/acquaintances may have had their dreams shattered and you have to tread on egg shells until you establish whether someone got in or not.

I was working up in London and got given the day off to collect my results. When I returned the next day I was the most qualified person in the office.

Joe Pasquale. Two hours of raving lunacy and brilliance at the Palace Theatre last night. Absolutely great and the show reminded me how good live entertainment can be.

Awesome night out last night in Benfleet. Can't remember getting home. Think I was sick somewhere!

Prince Charles actually graduated.

Prince Charles doesn't write articles three times a week about how unfair the UK is.

How many kids from sink estates worked at The BBC and The Guardian with one A level?

Yeah.Degree in architecture ,wasn't it? A friend's son here was doing that until he switched to media studies.He still hasn't got a job but then he's not royalty,nor does he have a famous Dad..

As for PT she, at least, has a famous surname.As I said I don't condone the system but "enchufe" or contacts works just as well here in Barna as it does in the UK.

Yeah.Degree in architecture ,wasn't it? A friend's son here was doing that until he switched to media studies.He still hasn't got a job but then he's not royalty,nor does he have a famous Dad..

As for PT she, at least, has a famous surname.As I said I don't condone the system but "enchufe" or contacts works just as well here in Barna as it does in the UK.

Hmm. I wonder.

Back