• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Last Wednesday I turned up at my tennis club for the Wimbledon ballot only to be told I was a week early. I then realised I couldn't make it last night so I had to find a proxy to attend on my behalf. I asked my tennis instructor if he could do it, but he wasn't going to be around, but said he would ask around on my behalf.

I texted him on Tuesday to be told he'd forgotten. He then found someone who was attending and was prepared to act as my proxy.

I was lighting a theatre last night, and whilst I was there I received an email from the LTA to say I was successful. I've got Centre Court tickets on men's semi final day. I've already paid for them.

First day back at work after a lovely family holiday to Spain last week, Usually this should go in the what's hacking you off, But I am so relaxed and chilled out after my holiday I am actually really enjoying work again!! long may it continue!

The weather
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Nothing like some warm sunshine to lift one's mood and it is even due to last to the Bank Holiday weekend !!!

It's 8.30pm, the sun is still up, and I've got the French doors wide open and the birds are singing loudly. Lovely. #Gawdblessthe(nearly)summer.

6 or more of these fellows patrolling Southend Sea Front between the Kursaal and the Pier. They looked pretty brassed off at being chatted up by young women not wearing very much (yeah, right)!

images

6 or more of these fellows patrolling Southend Sea Front between the Kursaal and the Pier. They looked pretty brassed off at being chatted up by young women not wearing very much (yeah, right)!

images

Ooh, what big weapons you have officer. Can I touch your helmet?

I couldn't decide if this should go here, or in the "What is hacking you off" thread, but decided here is better.

In my ongoing quest to get fit after breaking my ankle about 10 months ago I set myself a goal this week. The goal was to run 10k in under 48 minutes and 5k in under 22 minutes.

On Monday I ran 10k in 47:55.1

Today I ran 5k in 22:00.1

I failed by 1/10th of a second, but it made me laugh so I thought I'd put it here. If only I'd sped up a fraction of a second earlier!

I couldn't decide if this should go here, or in the "What is hacking you off" thread, but decided here is better.

In my ongoing quest to get fit after breaking my ankle about 10 months ago I set myself a goal this week. The goal was to run 10k in under 48 minutes and 5k in under 22 minutes.

On Monday I ran 10k in 47:55.1

Today I ran 5k in 22:00.1

I failed by 1/10th of a second, but it made me laugh so I thought I'd put it here. If only I'd sped up a fraction of a second earlier!

Maybe if you'd had three of the guys above behind you that may have helped?

Back