• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of Thrones

Good episode. Has Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger) forgotten that he's not supposed to be Oirish?

And just when you thought Sersei and Jamie couldn't get any lower......:stunned:

Good episode. Has Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger) forgotten that he's not supposed to be Oirish?

I wondered if it was just me - he has definitely changed his accent hasn't he!

Decent enough episode - the Stannis plot line continues to plod along at a glacial pace. He's possibly my least favourite character in the show, while his man Davos is one of the best.

Last edited:
I wondered if it was just me - he has definitely changed his accent hasn't he!

Decent enough episode - the Stannis plot line continues to plod along at a glacial pace. He's possibly my least favourite character in the show, while his man Davos is one of the best.

There are a lot of the subplots throughout the books that plod along without really doing much. I wonder how he is going to bring them all together at the end, I personally think a few of them will just fizzle out.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/game-of-thrones-recap-bringing-a-lance-to-a-knife-fight/

As Uncle Leo has been tardy, he're the latest Grantland which I love reading apres-Thrones.

Well played Mr MK. It was remiss of me, especially as I had fired up that article as soon as the credits started rolling!

Another useful series of articles have started on Grantland, helping explain things a bit more:

http://grantland.com/hollywood-pros...d-the-wall-and-sexual-customs-in-the-kingdom/

Spoiler:  
I'm sorry but the rape scene was completely ridiculous and unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
It happens in the book, but is consensual, dont think the director portrayed it correctly and it affects the characters' arcs, makes you feel differently to each than you should really.

It happens in the book, but is consensual, dont think the director portrayed it correctly and it affects the characters' arcs, makes you feel differently to each than you should really.

I think the reasoning behind it is to ensure we don't see one of the characters as more heroic than he is.

I think the reasoning behind it is to ensure we don't see one of the characters as more heroic than he is.

Even so, it seems ridiculously out of character (even though he's a attempted child-murdering twincest scumbag).

Wasnt overly impressed how much they changed it to be honest. Not sure why they needed to?

Back