• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oddly quiet in here this week. It's almost as if Espanyol got resoundingly mauled by their local rivals despite going ahead at one point.

Oddly quiet in here this week. It's almost as if Espanyol got resoundingly mauled by their local rivals despite going ahead at one point.

Didn't see it.We were away in Paris for the weekend (visiting our younger daughter).

Did see Ibra get a wonderful brace for PSG against Nantes last Saturday though.

I also intend to see Espanyol play against Granada on Sunday at 12 am (!).

Look forward to Barça's visit to Cornellà in 2015-we're due a home win against them.

Talking about Barça -they did well to beat PSG last night and top their group.They're a lot of other group winners who are well capable of beating them on present form.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, although I was mainly talking about the Barcelona 5 Espanyol 1 rout from last weekend, not your gallivanting about Europe.

Didn't see it.We were away in Paris for the weekend (visiting our younger daughter).

Did see Ibra get a wonderful brace for PSG against Nantes last Saturday though.

I also intend to see Espanyol play against Granada on Sunday at 12 am (!).

Look forward to Barça's visit to Cornellà in 2015-we're due a home win against them.

Talking about Barça -they did well to beat PSG last night and top their group.They're a lot of other group winners who are well capable of beating them on present form.

There are. Tut tut.

Eibar doing well at the moment, I hope they stay up as its be a wonderful story if they do!! They have a stadium that only hold 5'500!!

To think Southend Utd are bigger than Eibar, so its a wonderful efforts from them to jump from 3rd Div to La Liga in space of two years. If I am going to compare them to our Championship side, it's AFC Bournemouth!

Last nights Madrid derby was total dross. Spanish football is total dross. Preston Walsall was a much better watch.

Didn't watch the game last night, but that's a bit of a sweeping generalisation!

So much falling over, complaining to the referee so, so boring.

Probably doesn't help that I had Real but Gareth Bale last night might as well of been sitting on the bench I don't actually watch a lot of Spanish football other than el classico obviously but I can see why the madrid fans haven't taken to him if he performs like that every week even with his crucial goals last year, he was the worst player on the pitch.

So much falling over, complaining to the referee so, so boring.

Probably doesn't help that I had Real but Gareth Bale last night might as well of been sitting on the bench I don't actually watch a lot of Spanish football other than el classico obviously but I can see why the madrid fans haven't taken to him if he performs like that every week even with his crucial goals last year, he was the worst player on the pitch.

He's a great athlete and is in fact popular with RM fans.

If it's dross you're after you should have seen Espanyol's 2-1 defeat at home to Eibar on Sunday night.Boring as hell.

2-1 sounds amazing

Ha! At least Espanyol got a goal back in the 80th minute after being 2-0 down in the first half!

Having been to Roots Hall twice so far this season, I feel your pain though. (Mind you, I did see us beat Pompey 2-0 in September-before that 0-0 dross against Dagenham last week).

Espanyol have a tasty home game against Valencia in the Copa del Rei next week (which I'll miss, as I'll be working).

Normal service though, I imagine will be resumed, for Espanyol's game against Celta on Sat.17th Jan.(with a 22.00 KO).:angry:

Back