• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

They've lost to Betis and drawn at home to Levante and Valencia already. They're there for the taking!

Ha! Hope so but Espanyol normally never get a result against RM home or away.The week after is international break week too.:sad:

Certainly in the 2 home games I saw last week Espanyol looked like they'd found a nice vein of form.

Ha! Hope so but Espanyol normally never get a result against RM home or away.The week after is international break week too.:sad:

Certainly in the 2 home games I saw last week Espanyol looked like they'd found a nice vein of form.

To be fair, someone is going to get the backlash from them soon enough....

Not been a huge Betis fan the past few years, but Quique Setien is making me love them. And Joaquin of course.

Great seeing Espanyol finding form too.

Not been a huge Betis fan the past few years, but Quique Setien is making me love them. And Joaquin of course.

Great seeing Espanyol finding form too.

Joaquín is love.

But I must agree our play has been dull in the last couple of seasons so am delighted to see how that has changed. Would love to see us sneak in to the Europa League spots, something that I think is definitely achievable.

Joaquín is love.

But I must agree our play has been dull in the last couple of seasons so am delighted to see how that has changed. Would love to see us sneak in to the Europa League spots, something that I think is definitely achievable.
So many teams competing for those this year with Athletic, Real Sociedad, Villarreal, plus Betis, Espanyol, Valencia. Could be a challenge but would be great to see European football back in the refurbished stadium.

So many teams competing for those this year with Athletic, Real Sociedad, Villarreal, plus Betis, Espanyol, Valencia. Could be a challenge but would be great to see European football back in the refurbished stadium.

Oh yes, if we do get there it will very much be a 'sneak'. Although a Copa del Rey win would do us nicely :smile:

Copa del Rey draw coming up - I see the seven Primer sides playing in Europe are all guaranteed to draw a team from Segunda B. I can see why they are doing that, but it's hardly in the spirit of a cup competition is it?

Copa del Rey draw coming up - I see the seven Primer sides playing in Europe are all guaranteed to draw a team from Segunda B. I can see why they are doing that, but it's hardly in the spirit of a cup competition is it?
This is the cup competition which moved the date of the final to March so they could hold the final at the Bernabeu on the exact date of Real Madrid's centenary with them playing against Depor. In comparison, this is a credible move!

This is the cup competition which moved the date of the final to March so they could hold the final at the Bernabeu on the exact date of Real Madrid's centenary with them playing against Depor. In comparison, this is a credible move!

I remember that game very well. So sweet that Depor won!

Happy with the Betis draw - an Andaluz derby against Cádiz. And I bet the boys at Fuenlabrada are absolutely thrilled to have drawn Real Madrid.

In Barcelona 15th-17th December. Of course La Liga schedule Barcelona to play their home game vs Deportivo at the only time I couldn't make it all weekend.

In Barcelona 15th-17th December. Of course La Liga schedule Barcelona to play their home game vs Deportivo at the only time I couldn't make it all weekend.

Still waiting for Espanyol to announce the kick off times for their home games in November against Valencia 19/11 and Getafe 26/11.Wouldn't suprise me if those provisonal dates are changed either.:angry:

Last edited:
Still waiting for Espanyol to announce the kick off times for their home games in November against Valencia 19/11 and Getafe 26/11.Wouldn't suprise me if those provisonal dates are changed either.:angry:

Update.That Valencia KO has just been announced for 16.15 and I have a couple of tickets for Chucho Valdes in SC at 19.00.Something will clearly have to give.:angry:

Saw Valencia win 2-0 at Espanol earlier.

Valencia look well capable of holding onto a top 4 slot this season.Sadly Espanyol don't look anywhere good enough to finish in the top 6,which is their stated objective.

Back