Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Torquay United 0-0 Southend United

Imagine how happy we would all be with this season if the away performances were at home!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onion_Bag_Dave View Post
    Imagine how happy we would all be with this season if the away performances were at home!
    If we'd performed half as well at home as we have away this season we'd already be promoted!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrshire Blue View Post
    If we'd performed half as well at home as we have away this season we'd already be promoted!
    You're not wrong mate. Very fine margins in games, as well. I have faith in the players and Sturrock to get to Wembley and do the business.

....as Champions.

Blog Entries

Depressing stat time, points we've thrown away from being in a winning or drawing position.

Northampton - 2-2 draw after being 2-0 up. 2 points dropped.
    Dagenham - 1-1 draw after being 1-0 up. 2 points dropped.
    Shrewsbury - 2-1 loss after getting it back to 1-1. 1 point dropped.
    Plymouth - 2-2 draw after being 2-0 up. 2 points dropped.
    Accrington - 2-2 draw after being 2-1 up. 2 points dropped.

Thats 9 points. Those 9 points would put us in 2nd place on 83 points.

Thats not to mention home games against Burton, Swindon, Bradford, Rotherham and Aldershot. Away games against Crawley, Swindon, Cheltenham, Bradford, Morecambe, Aldershot and Bristol Rovers where we didn't even bother to turn up!!

We have 38 points away and 36 at home. If we'd have performed half as well at home as we have away, we'd be midtable with 57 points and nothing to play for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    We have 38 points away and 36 at home. If we'd have performed half as well at home as we have away, we'd be midtable with 57 points and nothing to play for.
    Half our points total for our away games and add to our home games. That would give us another 19 points. Putting us on 93 points.

Half our points total for our away games and add to our home games. That would give us another 19 points. Putting us on 93 points.
    From 60 odd games though.

As for the dropped points, that happens. I'm sure there are points we've salvaged as well.

It's the lack of clean sheets that scuppered us. Championships are built on a solid defence and our defence has been pretty poor in 2012, albeit it has picked up in recent weeks since ditching Morris and being without Kalala. Third clean sheet in last four.
    "probablyDefinitely THE most clueless idiot on here" - according to wiggy

Currently mourning the departure of Franck Moussa.

Appreciating Zaaboub before it becomes fashionable

Our points total indicates that we have performed marginally better away from home as at home (results wise) which is unusual.

If we were to have performed better at home than we have done away (which in all honesty is normally the way) then it is likely we would have got some more points. But to be honest that is stating the bleedin obvious.....

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Blue View Post
    From 60 odd games though.

As for the dropped points, that happens. I'm sure there are points we've salvaged as well.

It's the lack of clean sheets that scuppered us. Championships are built on a solid defence and our defence has been pretty poor in 2012, albeit it has picked up in recent weeks since ditching Morris and being without Kalala. Third clean sheet in last four.
    I agree, and Ryan Leonard who i thought was very good til his injury.
    53/92

Warning: May contain an opinion:

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pak Power View Post
    Yes, one for the future I hope, he's still very young and looks to have bulked up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pak Power View Post
    Yep, I think Leonard provided superior defensive protection as well. I keep forgetting about him, but the team looks a lot less balanced in his absence.

Talking about forgotten players, I'd completely forgotten Christian Dailly as well.
    "probablyDefinitely THE most clueless idiot on here" - according to wiggy

Currently mourning the departure of Franck Moussa.

Appreciating Zaaboub before it becomes fashionable