Thread: Sir Chrissy Powell (my Lord)

Moderator of Moderators BLUEBLOOD's Avatar

Default Sir Chrissy Powell (my Lord)

I know there's probably a Sir Chrissy thread on here already, but i couldn't find it on the first 2 or 3 pages so i thought i'd open a fresh one

Massive massive congrats to the legend on guiding Charlton back to the Championship today .. apparently its the third time CAFC have gained promotion at Carlisle .. Poor sods
    Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
    You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
    Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
    Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

I used love Chrissy playing for us becauce his enthusiasm was so infectious as well as being the best left back I have ever seen playing for Southend at Roots Hall.
    When we won away he was always the last off the pitch waving to the travelling fans as we sang his wriggle it song.

Chrissy did not get off to a great start as manager of Charlton so his success in guiding them to such an amazing season is a lesson in patience to a number of club's chairman.
    So congratulations the Chrissy and I really hope they go on to win the league both for him and Charlton as they are one of the few other league clubs I have a soft spot for.

We just need to make sure we have something to celebrate now next month.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlattimerssponge View Post
    I really hope they go on to win the league both for him and Charlton as they are one of the few other league clubs I have a soft spot for
    I do look out for their results now though funnily enough i hated them when Phil Parkinson was in charge

Blog Entries

Don't forget Leon Cort is part of the squad.

I wanna see you wiggle it, just a little bit, I wanna see you wiggle it just a little bit!!! Sir Chrissy Powell you deserve every bit of success that comes your way. #LEGEND

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Shrimper View Post
    I wanna see you wiggle it, just a little bit, I wanna see you wiggle it just a little bit!!! Sir Chrissy Powell you deserve every bit of success that comes your way. #LEGEND
    Agreed. Such a great player and a top top bloke. Could be a premiership manager sooner rather than later
    Slicer4life- Winner of The SZ -PL Christmas Cup 2011-Winner OF the SZ Prediction League 2011/12-
    Proud winner of the SZ PL League Double 2011/12

Winner of Southend's greatest ever moment....Benji putting the ball in the back of the Bury net

"I stand by my previous promise. If building starts in may I will attend the next game at roots hall dressed as a woman......I just cant see it happening - Leeblue"

Legend end of

He was on the verge of tears during his interview on the FLS last night, especially when he mentioned it was her birthday too

You big ol softie Chrissy boy

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Very pleased for him and for Charlton.

Director of Footballs South Benfleet Shrimper's Avatar

Could be the first black England Manager the way he is going...

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke - trouble is, he won't ever be our manager as he'll probably end up at a top Premiership side before too long. Congrats Sir Chrissy
    "I'm the most wanted man on my island, except that I am not on my island, of course"

"You're a madman"

"I've come to the right place then..."

Agree with all the above sentiments.

Normally its an exciting striker or midfielder that you go along to a game hoping to see at their best and to give you enjoyment, but Chrissy Powell for me was an exception. As a left back I used to love watching him play and he always seemed to give an air of confidence that all was under control. Best left back ever that i have seen at Roots Hall.

Best wishes to him

What ever happened to Chrissy P-Owl?
    ShrimperZone F.C (2003 to Present)
    SZFC Hon. Treasurer (2006 to present)
    SZFC III Manager (2011 to 2013)
    SZFC II Manager (2013 to Present)
    ShrimperZone.com resident DJ
    www.djdavros.com
    www.mixcloud.com/DJDavros/

Well done Sir Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by johnlattimerssponge View Post
    Chrissy did not get off to a great start as manager of Charlton so his success in guiding them to such an amazing season is a lesson in patience to a number of club's chairman.
    Yes, I was a bit worried about his future at that point but I met a Charlton fan last summer and he said the fans were right behind him as he'd already turned them into a good footballing side; they just needed strengthening in the summer - which is exactly what happened.

The fan also said he thought Simon Francis was the worst defender he'd ever seen, and wasn't too kind about Alan McCormack either.
    Still the 'zone's best poster, according to a reliable source.