• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sir Chrissy Powell (my Lord)

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
I know there's probably a Sir Chrissy thread on here already, but i couldn't find it on the first 2 or 3 pages so i thought i'd open a fresh one

Massive massive congrats to the legend on guiding Charlton back to the Championship today .. apparently its the third time CAFC have gained promotion at Carlisle .. Poor sods :smile:

I used love Chrissy playing for us becauce his enthusiasm was so infectious as well as being the best left back I have ever seen playing for Southend at Roots Hall.
When we won away he was always the last off the pitch waving to the travelling fans as we sang his wriggle it song.

Chrissy did not get off to a great start as manager of Charlton so his success in guiding them to such an amazing season is a lesson in patience to a number of club's chairman.
So congratulations the Chrissy and I really hope they go on to win the league both for him and Charlton as they are one of the few other league clubs I have a soft spot for.

We just need to make sure we have something to celebrate now next month.

I wanna see you wiggle it, just a little bit, I wanna see you wiggle it just a little bit!!! Sir Chrissy Powell you deserve every bit of success that comes your way. #LEGEND

I wanna see you wiggle it, just a little bit, I wanna see you wiggle it just a little bit!!! Sir Chrissy Powell you deserve every bit of success that comes your way. #LEGEND

Agreed. Such a great player and a top top bloke. Could be a premiership manager sooner rather than later

He was on the verge of tears during his interview on the FLS last night, especially when he mentioned it was her birthday too

You big ol softie Chrissy boy :smile:

Could be the first black England Manager the way he is going...

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke - trouble is, he won't ever be our manager as he'll probably end up at a top Premiership side before too long. Congrats Sir Chrissy :thumbsup:

Agree with all the above sentiments.

Normally its an exciting striker or midfielder that you go along to a game hoping to see at their best and to give you enjoyment, but Chrissy Powell for me was an exception. As a left back I used to love watching him play and he always seemed to give an air of confidence that all was under control. Best left back ever that i have seen at Roots Hall.

Best wishes to him

Chrissy did not get off to a great start as manager of Charlton so his success in guiding them to such an amazing season is a lesson in patience to a number of club's chairman.
Yes, I was a bit worried about his future at that point but I met a Charlton fan last summer and he said the fans were right behind him as he'd already turned them into a good footballing side; they just needed strengthening in the summer - which is exactly what happened.

The fan also said he thought Simon Francis was the worst defender he'd ever seen, and wasn't too kind about Alan McCormack either.

Back