Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 85

Thread: I have not given up hope

  
  1. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southchurch View Post
    And this is why-

    Torquay have to play Wimbledon away (who managed a draw away with Crawley , so not a walk over)
    Then crew who are in 8th and must win games to get in play offs. Then Hereford away who will have to win to have any chance of staying up.

    Crawley ok I am clutching at straws here but they seem to be wobling slightly. Loss of manager and ill dicipline on the pitch. So hoping they lose at least 2 of the last 4 games.

    We can still achieve 83 points. Even if we go into the last game at home with a mathmatical chance of going up , I would take that.
    And I quote:

    "What people believe prevails over the truth." - Sophocles

  2. #47

    Default

    4th or 5th needs to be the target, so we get the 2nd leg at home.

    Nothing else matters.

  3. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    4th or 5th needs to be the target, so we get the 2nd leg at home.

    Nothing else matters.
    I think 4th place is unachievable now. 6 points and 3 games. Got to make sure of 5th, and 3 points on Friday will pretty much do that.

  4. #49

    Default

    I will book time off work to go to the away leg of the playoffs (if required).

  5. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Trust Treasurer Bloke View Post
    I think 4th place is unachievable now. 6 points and 3 games. Got to make sure of 5th, and 3 points on Friday will pretty much do that.
    Its not unachievable, unlikely yes.

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southend4ever View Post
    And I quote:

    "What people believe prevails over the truth." - Sophocles

    There are some people who live in a dream world,
    and there are some who face reality; and then there
    are those who turn one into the other....Douglas H. Everett.

  7. #52
    Super Moderator Jam_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southend
    Posts
    20,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southchurch View Post
    There are some people who live in a dream world,
    and there are some who face reality; and then there
    are those who turn one into the other....Douglas H. Everett.

    ‘If you want the rainbow, you’ve gotta put up with the rain."

    - Dolly Parton (and some people say she's just a big pair of....)

  8. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jam_Man View Post
    ‘If you want the rainbow, you’ve gotta put up with the rain."

    - Dolly Parton (and some people say she's just a big pair of....)
    I have nothing else to say apart from!

    Brent is the height of wisdom for me!
    Get Brent in the changing room!

  9. #54

    Default

    It feels so good to be right and now I think we not only have hope but are favourite to go up.
    humble pie from any one ???

  10. #55
    Members leeblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    On the seafront c c csiders
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southchurch View Post
    It feels so good to be right and now I think we not only have hope but are favourite to go up.
    humble pie from any one ???
    id still pick crawley to go up but only just, next week isgoing to be brilliant whatever happens, the drama, the what ifs everyone ignoring the game on the pitch and glued to mobiles hunting for the other games, woooooooooooooooooooo
    not always good but never ever boring

  11. #56
    Moderator of Moderators BLUEBLOOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southend On Sea
    Posts
    16,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southchurch View Post
    It feels so good to be right and now I think we not only have hope but are favourite to go up.
    humble pie from any one ???
    I admire your optimism but we are still 3rd favourites to go up IMO as we still need 3 results to fall our way ..

    There are 27 different permutations of next weekends results and only 5 of them will see us promoted .. so we have about an 18% hope whereas Creepy have 52% and Torquay 30%
    Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
    You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
    Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
    Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

  12. #57

    Default

    I had always thought that Hereford would do well against Crawley, drawing or beating them. BUT I had hoped that Crewe would beat Torquay - they should have done, having missed a penalty this afternoon. Next Saturday we will beat Macclesfield, Accrington Stanley will beat Crawley BUT I'm worried that Torquay will beat Hereford. Torquay looked a lot better today than they did a fortnight ago against us - maybe this was because Crewe allowed them to look better. We've just got to hope that nerves get the better of them. However a friend who is a neutral observer has just texted me to say that he thinks Southend are now the favourites to clinch third place, and I guess he is right.......

  13. #58
    Moderator of Moderators BLUEBLOOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southend On Sea
    Posts
    16,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barling Magna View Post
    Torquay looked a lot better today than they did a fortnight ago against us - maybe this was because Crewe allowed them to look better
    How many Crewe?? and were you in their end as i read that all home stands were sold out
    Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
    You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
    Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
    Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

  14. #59

  15. #60
    Moderator of Moderators BLUEBLOOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southend On Sea
    Posts
    16,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barling Magna View Post
    How many Crewe....???
    You went to Torquay v Crewe ??
    Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
    You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
    Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
    Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •