• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jamel Campbell-Ryce

Very good player, not such a good person.

Him, along with Jay Smith had agreed to play for the Southend United Legends on Sunday 10th May last year in my charity football match. Neither of them turned up on the day. Didn't hear a thing from either of them, and I still haven't. Very, very disappointed with the pair of them.

Scored one goal in 32 appearances last season, and has signed a new contract to stay with Barnet.

I saw that - how old is he now? He seems to have been playing for ever - good luck to him.

He's 34. I think this is his last season in the EFL, but a conference team would do wise to pick him up after that with his experience.

Anyway, I know, I thought the same, it's been about 12 years since he first wore a Southend shirt!, although he's been around the block a tad longer (since 2001, so 16 years.... he's an old dog in footballing years).

I didn't know this, (pub quiz question perhaps?) but I read he is one of only a few players to ever tour in an open top bus on a promotion parade for 2 different teams across two different towns on consecutive days (Southend & Colchester during both of our promotions to the Championship back in 2006).

He's 35 before the end of this season, so most likely he jumped at the chance of a final pay day with an ex boss he used to work with.

Carlisle look safe. Currently 14 points above the drop zone with a game in hand, and safe on goal difference compared with the bottom two teams..... & it looks like Barnet are currently relegation fodder.

So he's most likely trying to impress & get another contract to remain with any other League 2 club for another season before he has to learn a new trade, say, a builder or plasterer etc.... or what ever ex pro's do.

Not many wingers around at that age Buffalo.

Unless PB gets back into the transfer market! :clap:

Back