• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy Murray

What do you classify Andy Murray as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Through to the final. He's gone the long way about it this whole tournament though!

Through to the final. He's gone the long way about it this whole tournament though!

A couple of Murray stats which are a bit impressive:

Murray, 29, matches the achievement of Britain's last finalist Bunny Austin - and will now hope to equal Fred Perry's victory of 1936.
He also becomes one of only 10 men since the open era began in 1968 to have reached the final of all four Grand Slam tournaments.

Murray, 29, matches the achievement of Britain's last finalist Bunny Austin - and will now hope to equal Fred Perry's victory of 1936.
He also becomes one of only 10 men since the open era began in 1968 to have reached the final of all four Grand Slam tournaments.

Last male finalist. Let's not forget, Sue Barker won the Women's Singles in 1976!

But yes, Murray truly is phenomenal. I just hope he can win a couple more slams. Won't be easy with Djokovic around, but it would be a travesty if he ended up with the same number as Kafelnikov, Hewitt and Safin.

Last male finalist. Let's not forget, Sue Barker won the Women's Singles in 1976[/B]!

But yes, Murray truly is phenomenal. I just hope he can win a couple more slams. Won't be easy with Djokovic around, but it would be a travesty if he ended up with the same number as Kafelnikov, Hewitt and Safin.

Cheers Napster. Blame the BBC, mine was cut and paste from their website!

That second stat is incredible. Murray's achievements in the era of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic (three of the top 10 GOAT) are amazing.

Murray has been knocked out of Queens in the 1st round & in straight sets by Jordan Thompson (ranked #90 in the world).

It's not looking good for his Wimbledon prospects!

That being said, second seed Stan Wawrinka and third seed Milos Raonic also went out in the 1st round.

Completely agree!.. He likes to blame everything & everyone else on his failure to perform, other than admiting to that he played crap.

However, congrats to his brother (the less grumpy one!) for winning the doubles title at queens yesterday, he was the first Brit to do so since Jeremy Bates achieved it way back in 1990.

Now out of the Australian Open. Sincerely hope I am wrong, but this is really starting to feel like the end game for Andy Murray.

Now out of the Australian Open. Sincerely hope I am wrong, but this is really starting to feel like the end game for Andy Murray.

I agree Uncle Leo, two kids, money in the bank, maybe the injuries hurting more now older and maybe just maybe the intensity to travel everywhere and perform week in week out has gone
Been a good servant to the sport and brought pride back into the British game and just as important, has brought through a good crop of youngsters who seem hungry

UTS

I agree Uncle Leo, two kids, money in the bank, maybe the injuries hurting more now older and maybe just maybe the intensity to travel everywhere and perform week in week out has gone

Apart from the money in the bank bit, I thought that was directed at me at first :smile:

Won't be long before the big 4 (5?) retire. They're all getting on a bit in Tennis terms - it's a good thing in someways as it will open up the men's game a bit, but on the other hand it's definitely the end of an era.

Rumours circulating that Murray won't be fit for Wimbledon this year which is a terrible shame. I wonder if an early retirement is on the cards? I do hope not, or British Tennis will be in the doledrums for many years again.

Rumours circulating that Murray won't be fit for Wimbledon this year which is a terrible shame. I wonder if an early retirement is on the cards? I do hope not, or British Tennis will be in the doledrums for many years again.

It really isn't looking good for Murray.

Kyle Edmund is doing a decent job of flying the flag (#22 in the world now, finalist in Marrakech last month, got Djokovic today!) but I reckon most people won't truly appreciate Murray until he is finally retired.

Don’t worry it won’t be long before we are all waxing lyrical about Romeo Beckham!

Back