• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last pre-season with additions of Harris, JJ and Dickinson, I thought we would walk this league (and lost money on it)

This time round, when we have lost Grant, who everyone has an opinion about, but lets face it was the only one in the midfield who could keep the ball, and win free kicks (vital to the way our manager gets his team to play) IMHO will be a big loss.

Mohnsi, again love him or hate him had an ability to turn the game.

Dickinson. In my opinion his injury cost us big time last season, and from what I saw from Freddy he is not the same player that was here before.

So my prediction is mid-table finish, with a flirt with the play offs from time to time. I was wrong last season, and hope to be again next.

We seem to have picked up quite a few points without either Mohnsi or Grant playing last season, but both were ball winners and athletic around the pitch when they did play later in the season. Looking at our poss midfield we have now, it looks lightweight, i can see teams with big robust players, rolling us over, unless this area is strengthen, imo of course.

It just gets to a point where you're generally just naming other teams in the division, no way that all of those teams plus the ones you've highlighted are stronger than us. We may not be the best or certainties for promotion but we are one of the stronger teams in the division, why cant people accept this?

Great point this. There's always players for other sides you wish we could have signed but thats football. We just need to concentrate on our own side and apart from a couple of positions which Luggy will fill before the season starts, we're in good shape IMO.

Last pre-season with additions of Harris, JJ and Dickinson, I thought we would walk this league (and lost money on it)

This time round, when we have lost Grant, who everyone has an opinion about, but lets face it was the only one in the midfield who could keep the ball, and win free kicks (vital to the way our manager gets his team to play) IMHO will be a big loss.

Mohnsi, again love him or hate him had an ability to turn the game.

Dickinson. In my opinion his injury cost us big time last season, and from what I saw from Freddy he is not the same player that was here before.[\b]

So my prediction is mid-table finish, with a flirt with the play offs from time to time. I was wrong last season, and hope to be again next.

Yet our form improved from16th to 2nd when Dickinson was injured and Eastwood came.

Not having Dickinson meant we adapted our style and we went on a great run. I'd choose the eastwood side over the Dickinson any day.

If we can add a decent GK and a couple of central midfielders by the start of the season, then on paper we will have a strong squad. But as his division looks like its going to be very competitive again this year like one or two others my heart says automatic promotion but my head says play-offs

My over-riding hope is that the P.A. system breaks down for the whole of the season.

This would allow fans to talk to each other (rather than have their hands over their ears because of the noise - sorry music) and no more patronising comments from the bloke with the microphone about supporting the team ..................

..... and I know this is a bit radical, but we could try some singing and chanting and creating some atmosphere.

Sorry - it's madness. The idea would never catch on.

Back