• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was a simple lad from South East Essex

Don't be so hard on yourself. :winking:

Good work mate, keep it up!

I was a simple lad from South East Essex

Don't be so hard on yourself. :winking:

Good work mate, keep it up!

Yeah its only my first work! - I was always good growing up speaking but where I lacked at school was trying to translate it onto paper, which is why most of the time I come over like a prick on here :smiles:

My article/blog which I my first attempt is now live - please read it and let me know what you think as I enjoyed doing in and mite look ad doing other things like this! - its about the religion of football

http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/home.asp?page_id=384&aid=643

Stay True

TrueBlue x

I'm not sure how you'll respond to feedback from a Col U fan who is long time reader and occasional poster on here but I have to be honest and say that was a cracking blog. Bearing in mind my previous opinion of you was purely from your posts on this site I have somewhat changed my opinion of you from being quite a brash/antagonistic and aggressive character to someone with a greater depth and passion.

Sorry to read about the negative impact of supporting your local club has had on your life but it's fans like you across the country that follow smaller and less fashionable club which make the football experience more honest, passionate and loyal than the like of the Premier League.

I can't quite bring myself to wish Southend do well for this season but I hope that you (and other true fans) enjoy the season as best you can

I'm not sure how you'll respond to feedback from a Col U fan who is long time reader and occasional poster on here but I have to be honest and say that was a cracking blog. Bearing in mind my previous opinion of you was purely from your posts on this site I have somewhat changed my opinion of you from being quite a brash/antagonistic and aggressive character to someone with a greater depth and passion.

Sorry to read about the negative impact of supporting your local club has had on your life but it's fans like you across the country that follow smaller and less fashionable club which make the football experience more honest, passionate and loyal than the like of the Premier League.

I can't quite bring myself to wish Southend do well for this season but I hope that you (and other true fans) enjoy the season as best you can

Honestly.....

You know I approved of it on first read, looks mighty fine in print "proper"!

nice blog.

Do you still see yourself as Jesus Christ ( I presume this means Southend's no.1 fan)?

Your story sounds just how I would imagine it. I would think most parents to children our age that live in Essex would have moved out from the East End.

I understand that buzz you have. I particularly remember Macclesfied away in a midweek game and I had to bunk off school to get the coach.

You make quite a few references which keeps the article quite light hearted which I think is key.

Nice effort.

You have changed from the shy lad sitting next to me on the coach to Blackpool for Dave Webb's return.

Good article which proves that you can write really decent stuff when you are not trying to wind anyone up. :thumbsup:

I know the feeling Scott ... and certainly evoked a memory or two in me, some good some bad but all real

Southend United, forever in my heart

You have changed from the shy lad sitting next to me on the coach to Blackpool for Dave Webb's return.

Good article which proves that you can write really decent stuff when you are not trying to wind anyone up. :thumbsup:

I was sitting opposite as it goes we were on a Double Decker on table

Yeah its only my first work! - I was always good growing up speaking but where I lacked at school was trying to translate it onto paper, which is why most of the time I come over like a prick on here :smiles:

Well now you've set the bar.

That's the standard we'll expect from you on here from now on.

Good read.

Really enjoyed reading that, someone with no interest in football or following a chosen team would really understand it, but thats what binds us together.

Back