• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looks like PS is having a shuffle to me and picking a team designed not to lose but not sure about winning it unless forced
to bring on attackers if we go behind early... still we will see maybe Ferdinand will get on score sheet?

i dont see why Hall needs to be taken down a peg or two to be honest ,we need points and he scores and makes goals
and quite honestly makes a difference even when he doesnt play as well as he can

I dont know about hall, what PS has been saying about the lad not being 100% focused, this is showing he is a southend player and he must focus!

PS has made remarks about his team not listening last year and now Hall not being 100% focused i dont buy into that type of remark because he has a habit of contradicting himself why on earth would you play Leonard in front of Hall in any game i dont know while he is fit

Im glad Kane has some help in the middle there at least. Surprised Britt has been dropped, by the sounds of it he needs the games, aint gonna get that on the bench. Also people said he would never drop Barker but he has so lets applaud Luggy for being brave at least though I do think Hall should be in there. He might do nothing for 89 mins but could produce one magic cross or shot to win us the game.

He was about the only player that actually had a shot on Saturday. Leonard looked like a little boy lost.

Its interesting how we can all see things in different ways....I thought Hall was absolute cack on Saturday and looked completely uninterested, diving at every opportunity. I thought Tomlin was the only one shooting (other than from free kicks) but his aim was awry to say the least! I think Hall needs a wake up call but also though Ferdinand was rubbish on Saturday too......Mind you not many did shine!

A very defensive starting line up especially leaving Hall out.

Sturrock will either be a mastermind of get slated for this depending on the result!

Personally i'd be happy with a point tonight. I can understand going 5 in midfield but not sure it will suit Tomlin as a lone striker and leaving out most attacking and creative midfielder/player out doesnt really make sense to me. He was no poorer than others in midfield on Saturday

......unless of course a deal is about to be done for him to leave :sad:

Perhaps Luggy wants to see how we can perform without Hall. He is going to have to be replaced at some point, possibly sooner rather than later.

I still think we see the best of Kane in a 4-5-1 as it gives him a bit more licence to get into the box. He played that role very well in the first half of last season and I'm glad to see him starting.

Perhaps Luggy wants to see how we can perform without Hall. He is going to have to be replaced at some point, possibly sooner rather than later.

Maybe PS is saying "well if you don't want to play for us sit on the bench", which is very risky, Losing Bilel and Grant already leaves a few gaps in our "settled" team as it is,losing Hall as well will not be good.

A very defensive starting line up especially leaving Hall out.

Sturrock will either be a mastermind of get slated for this depending on the result!

Personally i'd be happy with a point tonight. I can understand going 5 in midfield but not sure it will suit Tomlin as a lone striker and leaving out most attacking and creative midfielder/player out doesnt really make sense to me. He was no poorer than others in midfield on Saturday

......unless of course a deal is about to be done for him to leave :sad:

Dont see us winning with this lineup, as PS makes more strange decision.

Southend: Belford, Clohessy, Phillips, Cresswell, Straker, Leonard, Spicer, Timlin, Hurst, Ferdinand, Tomlin.
Subs: Hall, Smith, Barker, Assombalonga, Harris, Prosser, Benyon.

Hall on the bench? Stupid.

Hope he's not off but if he was then we'd just leave him out of the squad surely?

Well that's all the summer signings in the team...the team that Sturrock built as it were. This will be the set up Sturrock envisaged when he signed them, so let's see how they get on.

In fairness I dont think its a bad side. He has dropped Prosser and Barker who were two of the three weakest players. Looking forward to seeing how Hurst does. Still feel with Hall instead of Leonard we would offer a real attacking threat.

Rather players that were 100% commited to the cause in the side than a 75% commited Ryan Hall

Back