• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Oxford V Southend United

Dont worry about it. we will do what Crewe did last season. In the bottom 6 come November, then get it together and surge up the league?

Point is people seem to blaming the ref so far this season. Fact is unlucky or not we have lost twice, scored zero, go to an in firm Northampton on Saturday. Half the squad seems unfit, out of form, heads not right etc the season is sti long but our start is a concern.

Not too much wrong with our finishing Saturday, apart from Kane's efforts. Great goalkeeping. The ref made a hatful of terrible decisions on Saturday

We did miss a few sitters, a couple of headers that should have been on target, Hall was erratic with his finishing (could have got a couple mind). Didn't think the ref was that that bad, could have tightened up on time wasting but we did get 6 minutes injury time.

6 defeats on the spin, 1 win in 9, no goals 360 minutes.

Something in the camp is seriously wrong at the moment.

Really dont see the point in counting friendlies, if you do we have won 4 in 12 and scored 17 goals.

Whats important is played 2 lost 2 which is extremely disappointing.

We've got a couple of tough games coming up, but essentially we have a strong squad.

Smith and Eastwood haven't played yet.

The season we won the play offs our first 5 league games we had 2 points and our record was P5, W0, D2 and L3.

The season we won the L1 Championship our first 5 games were we had 5 points and had W1, D2 and L2.

The season we lost to Doncaster in the L1 play offs we lost our first 2 games, home to Orient 2-1 and away to Leeds 4-1.

The following season where we just missed out on the play offs we beat Peterborough 1-0 in the opener, drew 1-1 at Millwall and then lost our next 3 games, 2-0 at home to Brighton, 5-2 at Walsall and 2-1 at Carlisle.

Last season Swindon won their opener and lost their next 4.

At this stage it means nothing.

Keep the faith.

Lets not panic (yet) but this is a disappointing start....there are also rumours that things are not well behind the scenes and with games coming thick and fast, we could very quickly get cast adrift if we do not get the run of the ball soon! IMHO we are nowhere near good enough this season to challenge but I would not expect us to sit in the bottom half either! Sturrock could be under pressure soon if things dont perk up and as many of the players stated that they only came to play for him, that could be disastrous!!

Point is people seem to blaming the ref so far this season. Fact is unlucky or not we have lost twice, scored zero, go to an in firm Northampton on Saturday. Half the squad seems unfit, out of form, heads not right etc the season is sti long but our start is a concern.

I wish that were the case.

However, I think you meant in form...

I think I know the answer........................... pay them x

(go on tell me everythings alright and I dont know what im talking about) Im sure I will be sued by the club for slander if I am wrong

How does players getting paid or not influence a game where we get a player sent of after 26 minutes.

Before I get jumped upon for carping on about such a miniscule fact, Chris Phillips match report says we were on top until then.

We've got a couple of tough games coming up, but essentially we have a strong squad.

Smith and Eastwood haven't played yet.

The season we won the play offs our first 5 league games we had 2 points and our record was P5, W0, D2 and L3.

The season we won the L1 Championship our first 5 games were we had 5 points and had W1, D2 and L2.

The season we lost to Doncaster in the L1 play offs we lost our first 2 games, home to Orient 2-1 and away to Leeds 4-1.

The following season where we just missed out on the play offs we beat Peterborough 1-0 in the opener, drew 1-1 at Millwall and then lost our next 3 games, 2-0 at home to Brighton, 5-2 at Walsall and 2-1 at Carlisle.

Last season Swindon won their opener and lost their next 4.

At this stage it means nothing.

Keep the faith.

Keeping the faith...but those seasons you refer to were different. We had stronger squads.

Just listened to Luggy on the radio and he sounded very "down". We certainly need a goal at Cobblers!

I think I know the answer........................... pay them x

(go on tell me everythings alright and I dont know what im talking about) Im sure I will be sued by the club for slander if I am wrong

Everything's alright and you don't know what your talking about. :winking:

Keeping the faith...but those seasons you refer to were different. We had stronger squads.

Just listened to Luggy on the radio and he sounded very "down". We certainly need a goal at Cobblers!

No need to panic yet though.

Accrington have won their first 2 without conceding but I don't suppose anyone will expect them to win the league!

After 10-15 games we will have an idea of how the season is going.

2004/05 - We drew 2 and lost 3 of the first 5 league games. Just as well Tilson & Brush didn't walk by the end of August....

Back