• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yep, someone Hils worked with was saying for our first car we should spend 4k, **** right off 700/800 tops.

My first car cost £50, plus £250 to get through the MOT.

I once bought an 18 month old Focus for £9k, but thats teh most Ive ever spent and rarely spend more than 3k now. We are looking at changing one of our cars next year and again wont pay more than 4k.

Thats just me though, a cars a car, the kids will **** it up, driving to work will **** it up, so I dont want to spend more. I also dont have peer pressure at my age I guess:smile:

As it's a Grant Crapps initiative I'm a bit wary of going on the headlines, but trespass should be a civil not a criminal matter. Most squatting isn't soap-dodging hippies but neighbours whose fences or sheds placed in the wrong position so it encroaches on a neighbour's land.

That post was a bit tongue in cheek, however that amount of empty homes is mental. We're lucky to be home owners in our 20s, where it used to be the norm, now it's the exception. Renting is also expensive (and the laws aren't on the side of landlords) and so people are stuck, even if earning well or saving pretty well. Rich people with multiple empty homes drive down supply and for the very poor squatting is an option

It didn't use to be the norm until fairly recently though and isn't the norm in a lot of countries.

It didn't use to be the norm until fairly recently though and isn't the norm in a lot of countries.

I maybe wrong, but doesn't mainland Europe have 50yr mortgages that can pass through the family? That would make life a lot easier.

This the same young people who are driving around in cars worth £5000 or more ?

When we were 17 or 18 you bought a car that was less than a months salary, now kids seem to have cars worth more than mine, then pay £2000 a year insurance.

Christ Im Victor Mildrew.

My first mobile command unit was a bright yellow Austin Allegro that cost £100 and it didn't stop me from establishing a reputation as one of the major players in the Golden Cross area.

As it's a Grant Crapps initiative I'm a bit wary of going on the headlines, but trespass should be a civil not a criminal matter. Most squatting isn't soap-dodging hippies but neighbours whose fences or sheds placed in the wrong position so it encroaches on a neighbour's land.

Grant Crapps as you call him happens to be a old friend of mine. We went to the same youth group. He was national president...surprise surprise. I still bump into him from time to time in Cafe Nero near where I live.

I don't agree with his politics, and didn't vote for him for national president of our youth group. (I was vice president of the Southend Branch, the president and vice both having a vote.) But, I will say he is a genuinely nice guy who would only do something that he truly believed was the right thing to do. I may disagree with him, but I accept he will do what he believes to be right, for the right reason.

Grant Crapps as you call him happens to be a old friend of mine. We went to the same youth group. He was national president...surprise surprise. I still bump into him from time to time in Cafe Nero near where I live.

I don't agree with his politics, and didn't vote for him for national president of our youth group. (I was vice president of the Southend Branch, the president and vice both having a vote.) But, I will say he is a genuinely nice guy who would only do something that he truly believed was the right thing to dowould get him a headline. I may disagree with him, but I accept he will do what he believes to be right, for the right reason.

Let me correct that for you. I don't know whether he's competent or not, or if he's a nice guy but he's certainly keen on getting his name in the news. He seems to launch initiatives by the hour.

I believe the euphemism is "ambitious".

Let me correct that for you. I don't know whether he's competent or not, or if he's a nice guy but he's certainly keen on getting his name in the news. He seems to launch initiatives by the hour.

I believe the euphemism is "ambitious".

Believe what you want, be it the truth or otherwise.

Back