• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

COYB20

Iiiii bloody love you I do <3 xxx On a serious note, anyone heard anything about extending his loan? Watford mate says it's probably balanced in favour of him staying out on loan all season but then he's not been allowed to play in the FA Cup? I'd assume talks have already taken place? Cheers lads.

So no hints or knowledge as to which way it's leaning? Where's Andy Burton when you need him.

Speaking to SK its all down to Watford we have good repour with his agent and a end of season loan seems to be muted but it depends on what Watford want to do

Thats a big shame. Unless of course you meant "mooted" ??....

Twonk.

At Watford we have too many strikers ahead of him.. Matej Vydra, Fernando Forestieri, Alex Geijo, Troy Deeney, Steve Leo Beleck, Chris Iwelumo, Joe Garner. There is no point him coming back to play in reserves or sit on the bench. He will stay :winking:

At Watford we have too many strikers ahead of him.. Matej Vydra, Fernando Forestieri, Alex Geijo, Troy Deeney, Steve Leo Beleck, Chris Iwelumo, Joe Garner. There is no point him coming back to play in reserves or sit on the bench. He will stay :winking:

Sounds like he'd be better off signing permanantly :thumbsup:

I have always always believed, that he wil stay . I don't see the value of him gong back, and moving up a division is IMO too big a risk . At the moment he is excellent as we all know, but he needs to do that over a season . Moving him mid season , and the gaols don't come could knock his confidence and he ends up trying too hard (remember Sturrock talking about the elsuvice 10th goal) . If he stays for teh rest of the season and is great THEN sits time mfor him to move on -- or maybe stay with his newly promoted team :winking:. I see no value in going back now, or at the end of the season to Watford if he is not going to play.

Of course the above is a completely unbiased view of the situation

I honestly think a season long loan would benefit all parties,Britt is playing very well and on course for over 20 league goals.That is going do wonders for his confidence and help us make a promotion push at the same time.Watford seem too have a large squad so him being in the reserves there is no good too anyone.

He would be above Garner and Iwelumo and competing with Beleck according to my mate, but I think it's looking good.

Garner and Iwelumo are leaving in January and Beleck is possibly going back to Udinese. The talk here up Watford way is he'll be back in January for assessment from Zola for a few weeks after which he'll stay at Watford or go to a League One team on loan :'(

Garner and Iwelumo are leaving in January and Beleck is possibly going back to Udinese. The talk here up Watford way is he'll be back in January for assessment from Zola for a few weeks after which he'll stay at Watford or go to a League One team on loan :'(

We really don't need posts like this spoiling the mood of our almost perfect November record.
It may very well be realistic , but we just don't want to read it right now.
I just hope this news doesn't scupper the iminent signing of Beckham.............

If Im right his contract is due for renewal in the summer?

If thats the case it would be a bit daft for them to simply let him stay here until it expires when he has already done enough to show he could be worth a fee.

If Im right his contract is due for renewal in the summer?

If thats the case it would be a bit daft for them to simply let him stay here until it expires when he has already done enough to show he could be worth a fee.

That is true. Watford have been tying down some of their youth players on long contracts, around 4/5 years. Even if he did sign an extension, surely that wouldn't have an effect on him being able to stay here until the end of the season. On the fee side, I doubt many would risk a decent fee for someone who has only had a good few months in League Two, and Watford aren't in need of the cash.

That is true. Watford have been tying down some of their youth players on long contracts, around 4/5 years. Even if he did sign an extension, surely that wouldn't have an effect on him being able to stay here until the end of the season. On the fee side, I doubt many would risk a decent fee for someone who has only had a good few months in League Two, and Watford aren't in need of the cash.

If he signed an extension whilst here then he would stay, but they might want him back before making that decision.

Id think a lot of teams in the bottom two leagues will have him on their radars, he is 4th in the top scorers table, and two of those above him are 30+ years old. Im sure they would be happier with a few hundred thousand than nothing, although assume due to his age would get something anyway.

You have to admit that if you were Watford, this would be sensible.

I think we should offer £500,000 for him on 1st January, raising the funds from the first week of the David Beckham shirt sales! :smile:

Back