• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperian

Coach
I was just pondering.......Southend have had some great talents pulling on the shirt over the years but if can you imagine what this team would have played like? All of the above players have played for Southend in the not too distant past....

Banks, Best, Hurst, Greaves, Moore, Worthington......just none of the actual right ones! I am sure there are more!

Dave (Lawrie) Cunningham
John (Des) Walker
Terry (Andy) Gray
Graham (Ray) Wilkins
Peter (Tony) Daley
Jason (Francis) Lee
Dave (Cyril) Regis
Mike (Rodney) Marsh
David (Trevor) Morley
Leon (Adam) Johnson
Kane (Rio) Ferdinand

Ryan (Richard) Hall
Neil (Ron 'Chopper') Harris
Martin (Clive) Allen
Andy (Kerry) Dixon
James (Gary) Stevens
Mitchell (Joe or Ashley) Cole
Adam (Rod) Wallace

I'd have Mike over Rodney Marsh

Mike at his peak was a great player, but Rodney was one of those who, on his day, was unplayable.

In any event, Mike didn't really do it for us; he played great stuff in his own half under no pressure and made sublime passes in areas of the pitch that don't matter. He was with us for 3 seasons, played 97 matches and we were relegated twice. His best years were behind him before he came to us.

Back