• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We've got to get the stadium built to start with. I don't see why the Club don't do a Brighton (which is where I go Uni, the stadium's amazing), I'm sure there's a company out there who would be willing surely (I know Sainsbury's have paid for it, but it's just not going anywhere, come on RM, pull your finger out). A stadium that size really is the foundation upon which the club can grow

Interesting points about the bigger clubs not wanting standing as they like to keep their ticket prices high which they can justify for seats but might this little bubble they live in be about to burst, or at least suffer from a slow puncture?

This weekend Arsenal are at home to Man City, now I know it's a 4 o'clock kickoff on a Sunday afternoon, live on Sky and Manchester's a longish way away, however, it would normally be pretty much sold out but this week Man City have returned 2000 £62 tickets to Arsenal which they can't sell. Now, if this starts to happen on a regular basis which do you think Arsenal would feel pressure to do? Have lots of empty seats with no gate revenue and no supplementary income from a pint and a pie or, have 2500 safe standing tickets selling at, say, £40 each? Not saying that it'll become a regular thing but with the recession showing little sign of ending soon the pressure on ticket prices in the Prem will surely be mounting up.....

£62 just to watch a league game thats crazy. No wonder the Premier league is now alienating the real fans.

I could put you in touch with John Darch (who's basically in charge of the safe standing roadshow) if the interest is there. Just let me know. It wouldn't take much for Southend to follow suite, our relaxed approach to roots hall says it all.

The Trust are in touch with Jon, and have been for several months and are currently arranging a meeting between him and the club.

Man city fans moaning about ticket prices is laughable.. Maybe if arsenal had a multi billion cash cow to call on they could charge 25 quid and still afford the top players to be a top 6 prem team. City fans should be charged treble for their club busting salary scales. And Chelsea

Man city fans moaning about ticket prices is laughable.. Maybe if arsenal had a multi billion cash cow to call on they could charge 25 quid and still afford the top players to be a top 6 prem team. City fans should be charged treble for their club busting salary scales. And Chelsea

I'm sure Arsenal could cope perfectly fine if their away ticket prices were half of what they are now.

How can you blame the supporters for what the owners do?! I'm fully against the foreign investment at City and Chelsea, to name just your examples, but charging their supporters extra is stupid. What's the justification? If Ron Martin was bought out by a multi-billionaire and we became the new City/Chelsea/etc of League Two (God forbid), I'm sure you'd be outraged if we were suddenly charged £50+ for away games.

Arsenal charge 62 smackers for cat a games. Why should city fans get in cheaper than arsenal fans. Arsenal have to charge more than city to compete with city's title winning oil funded mega squad. I can't see why city fans should be moaning. I douby they moan when they are gteed a top four finish now. The irony of arsenal fans getting into the return fixture for 25 quid is an amusing side effect

If we were bought out by bill gates and he pumped in a few bill but kept tkt prices at 25 quid I wouldn't be to concerned if grillingham made our game a special cat mega a 75 quid game. Their fans will have to pay it as well

Is there any connection between Safe Standing and Safe Sex ?
just want to check before I make a mistake.

Just digging this up. The league is consulting its 72 member clubs on the issue, with a deadline of tomorrow. Hopefully the club will be in favour of it, but just in case, does anyone have Steve Kavanagh's e-mail address so I can lobby him?

Sightlines are never a problem because the same rules apply as if you were designing a new standing terrace. The only difference here is that the steel seat is integrated into the crush barrier module.

At present, the FSF are making an extremely good case for the trialling and eventual introduction of rail seats in the UK - it has been done successfully in Germany, Belgium and Holland for a number of years and the business case stacks up.

I can tell you for a fact that the company I work for are looking into research and development for the creation of a rail seat product, as we were aware that the demand is likely to be significant should the football authorities in this country see the light and do the right thing. There exist products out there at present, however with more choice will inevitably come lower capital expenditure for clubs who choose to go this route.

I'd put my mortgage on the fact that this will happen, maybe not in the next season, but very soon.

For the missing 4th side of FF (are not all 4 missing at present?) a good old bank
concete terrace would be cheap and simple; maybe he fans could do it as with the real old South Bank?

The fans have decided this issue for themselves no matter what the legislation is. They have decided in certain parts of the ground that they want to stand and stand they will whatever the powers that be say. These are the areas that create the atmosphere at football without which we would be watching a game pretty much in total silence because its quite difficult singing your heart out sitting down.
Times have moved on, the fans have moved on, society has moved on.
Stand up if you Love Southend!

Back