• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well im back in scotland now and wanted to give my thoughts on the game and other things. Of the game it wasnt great but i thought southend defended very well and after the sometimes negative posts on Smith he played very well. the new guy from southampton had a bit of class but time will tell. southend are a big physical team but I cant help but feel it will be close wehter they can make it. some of the guys
said saturday was not one of the better proformances they have had. I thought Oxford had a great support and the fact they lost may be their last chance gone of the automatics, I was in the North bank for nostalgia in the first half hoping i would meet someone i knew but it was mainly full of kids a bit like myself in the 70's. i loved it when we scored and they pulled the black sheeting away from the seats. in the second hald i was in the West had a good view and enjoyed chatting to those around me. The ground is on its last legs for sure but it was so nostalgic for me, i was looking around thinking about past days, walking behind the west thinking about the north bank coming round looking for a half time bit of action, throwing stones at the Palace fans from the top of the south, I had a pie it was ok as i found a bit oif meat or was it horse. the stewards seemed ok having a laugh with some of the fans. the drummer must have been freezing with his top off ( he was a big lad). It was freezing i thoiught Lanarkshire was cold but it was colder than back in scotland. Went out at night had a few drinks in town and had a good smile to myself. Maybe i will do it again soon

I assure you the drummer (me) was quite warm getting a workout with the drum! Be good to see you down roots hall again

keith, sorry mate i cant believe i missed you! ian holmes here! blimey we had some fun bak then - i remember when only you me and chris berry made it to torquay on a tuesday after the supporters coach broke down! we had gone by train and you had come down all the way from motherwell! hope you enjoyed being back mate!

alright mate gary levy and gary townsend were they not there as well and we sprayed the ground the night before, to the drummer i was thegut who said to you are you feeling the heat at half time. oh the memories ian tell me more ive fogotton some stuff, neil kidwell told me at the christmas service sat prittlewell church we went in after the spread eagle with a few beers in us in 1980 and i fell asleep when we were saying a prayer everyone else was singing a carol and i was kneeling down fast asleep. i hardly ever drink didnt then dont now and no wonder. did you know i was at bury ( famous bury) as well

i was at bury too mate! do you remember donny rovers away on a tuesday when we got ran all the way back to the station? and wigan away with the famous pork pie assault? such fun times!

yeah there must have only been 30-40 southend there, some times up north it was frightening, remember wigan mate i was arrested as you know missed the coach and had to hike it back to southend as i had no money, i also was banned for the supporters club again, when i went to court i hitched to hartleppol on the saturday after the game i hitched from hartlepool to wigan stayed in b & b for 2 nights went to court on the monday got fined £80 then hitched back to southend, it was only a few days after that my mum collapsed then died a week later. i then went to scotland and managed down for all the rest of the games that season thanks to gary levys mum putting me up, I also went for many of next seasons div 3 games and then i ran out of money. How is everyone, are any of the old boys i would know no longer with us. any news on gary levy

not seen levy in years mate. tommo used to come to a lot of away games a few years back but he lives in norfolk so a bit of a hike for him. not seen him since sturrock arrived. some of the others are still around. smudger and jak are still going strong and can be seen at most games home and away, stalky still about too! johnny nichols also from time to time....we are all getting on mate!

Back