• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guybrush13

Schoolboy
Thought he had a really good game when he came on today. Makes me wonder why he didn't start over Barker at left back anyway.

He seems a lot more confident now and should be starting in front of Barker. I think Sturrock only puts Barker ahead because of his experience.

Agree; finally after Northampton everyone was saying how well he played and then he gets dropped, poor lad must have been gutted, I know I would have been.

Maybe Sturrock wanted more experience against Orient, but that doesn't explain why Barker started ahead of him today, didn't exactly have a sterling performance on Wednesday to justify staying in the side!!

There have been times, when Barker has been fit that I've wonder why we haven't played Straker in LM. As a team we haven't got much pace and he's an attacking player...

Last edited:
I thought Straker was harshly dropped for Orient. Last week against Northampton was by far his best game for us. I'm glad to hear he seemed to continue that today.

I read that he's not played more than 3 games in a row for us and has been played in different positions. It's got to be hard for a player to gain any consistency when you're in and out of the side like that.

Been saying the same for week. Barker is fine as cover and he does add experience but Straker is turning into a really decent player.

Sorry I've misread your post. I thought you meant playing Barker at LM! :smile:

No, I only say that because I'm not sure why Sturrock has been playing Hurst on the left [or so it seems to me] okay, he can cut inside but I thought he and Clohessy began forming a good understanding of each other.

If it was because we're were short on wide players then I believe he would be adequate play further forward.

Not to mention we paid cash money for him, so it'll be good if he proved his worth. #Benyon

Guilty me. I thought he was total pants even before we signed him but today he was decent. Mr. Straker - please keep on keeping on!

Thought he looked really good today defensively and attackingly, really good volley that hit the bar as well.

There have been times, when Barker has been fit that I've wonder why we haven't played him in LM. As a team we haven't got much pace and he's an attacking player...

Are you serious? Barker has no pace and that's becoming more and more evident. Blimey, it seems I'm not the only one who misunderstood your post. I now understand you're talking about Straker at LM.

ive been Starkers :winking: biggest critic up until now but I will happily eat a large slice of humble pie with extra humbles! He was quality yesterday and deserves to keep his place.

Are you serious? Barker has no pace and that's becoming more and more evident. Blimey, it seems I'm not the only one who misunderstood your post. I now understand you're talking about Straker at LM.

The post is not very clear.

I've now edited it stop any confusion.

I thought Straker had a good game yesteray and also against Northampton. I believe he needs a run of games and as it appears Barker, who left on crutches yesterday, may be out for a while I would back Straker at LB.

Back