• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Anyone used Chipsaway or similiar??

jstallan

Coach
Hi ,

Need to get a bumper scuff fixed on my car and the alloys refurbished. Anyone used Chipsaway or similiar 'smart repair' companies in the Southend area ?

I spoke to AlloyArt about wheel refurbs and was quoted £62.50+vat per wheel but have no experience of their work.

Cheers,
John

Chipsaway are very good, albeit a tad on the more expensive side and have a good reputation for carrying out a reliable and quality service. I know a few people that have used them with no after work quibbles whatsoever. With regards to the wheels. Provided they're not split rims then between £60 & £70 + vat is about right for an individual refurb. Any decent wheel refurb company should be able to supply before and after shots of their work. If they can't I'd suggest staying away.

Being in the trade I've heard some decent reports about Alloy Art. There are others obviously and as Phil says its the right price for a decent job. You could probably get it done cheaper but the old saying of 'you get what you pay for' should be noted!!

So I'm sticking with Alloy Art for the wheel refurb (all 4) and got Dr Bump coming tonight for a quote on the bumper scuff.

Thanks for the info so far. I'm not after the cheapest, just want a decent job for reasonable money. All this in preparation for a private sale. I'll update on the outcome.

So I'm sticking with Alloy Art for the wheel refurb (all 4) and got Dr Bump coming tonight for a quote on the bumper scuff.

Thanks for the info so far. I'm not after the cheapest, just want a decent job for reasonable money. All this in preparation for a private sale. I'll update on the outcome.

Sounds like a sex therapist

A friend of mine used to work for VW. He told me that when people came in for scratch repairs they would farm the work out to chipsaway, and then charge the customer a massive mark up. They must be pretty good then, otherwise people like VW wouldn't use them.

However, given that they all seem to work individually they can only be as good as the guy who does the work. Which means some may be better than others...

Back