• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lloyd Sam

pickledseal

cowboy
Just got back after watching play with Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill for NY Red Bulls. Interesting experience going to see a US game; thoroughly enjoyed it. In all honesty, it's about L2 standard. Very family orientated, relaxed and great selection of food and drink.

Was this at Red Bull stadium? What did you think (apart from it being in the middle of nowhere)? I found that if people can be bothered the atmosphere can be pretty good in there (espiecally thanks to the metal flooring which can get loud)... however it does suffer from the typical american sportsfan problem of no one being able to sit still for 5 minutes without wanting more food/drink.
I agree with the quality of football...... trust me its got better recently, but there are some really really poor players in the league.

Was this at Red Bull stadium? What did you think (apart from it being in the middle of nowhere)? I found that if people can be bothered the atmosphere can be pretty good in there (espiecally thanks to the metal flooring which can get loud)... however it does suffer from the typical american sportsfan problem of no one being able to sit still for 5 minutes without wanting more food/drink.
I agree with the quality of football...... trust me its got better recently, but there are some really really poor players in the league.

Yup it was! Lovely ground. It was just a few stops from where I was staying in jersey City so pretty convenient.

Atmosphere was pretty good... The two supporters clubs all sit together with flags and make a right racket.

Banter with warming up opposition subs was better than I thought too!

Game changed when Henry came on. He could still do a job in the Premier League for sure!

Love the fact he gets the PATH train to and from games too.

Just signed for AFC Wimbledon from DC United.

Just got back after watching play with Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill for NY Red Bulls. Interesting experience going to see a US game; thoroughly enjoyed it. In all honesty, it's about L2 standard. Very family orientated, relaxed and great selection of food and drink.

Thought Cahill went back to M***w*ll at the beginning of February.

Has that all gone pear shaped already?

Thought Cahill went back to M***w*ll at the beginning of February.

Has that all gone pear shaped already?

mfuruk,

That post was 5 years ago mate, Thierry Henry isn't playing for them either anymore.

Back