• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Perhaps unfortunate that this thread is just above this one at the moment!
[h=3]
icon1.png
Echo News RSS: Southend United manager Phil Brown: I have no regrets about JPT final line up[/h]

I think we all know that Bilel Mohsni has certain attributes which can at times make him an asset to the team in certain positions. Central midfield is so obviously not one of those positions. In midfield he looks like he's just a bloke running around a field. He definitely does not look like a professional footballer and it genuinely puzzles me that a professional manager cannot see this within five minutes.

What really surprised me about Mohsni's selection is that having put him in the team we didn't utilise him in a way that made the most of the things that he does bring to the side. The few times we troubled Crewe in the play-offs last year were typically when we were launching throws and goal kicks up to Mohsni who would peel off against one of the full-backs. Every time we got a set-piece on Sunday someone should have been dropping into central midfield allowing Mohsni to get into a position to be used. Instead he'd just stand looking completely lost in the middle of the field.

yup, the change should have been straker off, moshni to the left and maybe Eastwood playing in the hole. Then just launch it to he left and let Eastwood and the front 2 pick off the knock downs.

What worries me more is Brown did nothing to change the midfield, even after the 2nd goal went in, anyone & everyone could see Mohsni looked like a headless chicken, just running round & getting in everyones way, Mkandawire must have been glad to see him go off!

Sturrock said his side would have had 4 changes to the PB line up, im guessing Reeves, Leonard, Corr & Phillips would have all started in place of Barker, Mohsni, Tomlin & Straker.........

Giving us a line up of:

smith
clohessy phillips cresswell prosser
Hurst mkanda Leonard reeves
britt corr

I would have said he would have gone with:

Bentley
Clohessy Phillips Cresswell Barker
Hurst Lund Tam Leonard
Tomlin Britt

Corr and Reeves on later in game.

Might ask CP to DM what Sturrock would have chosen on Twitter :smile:

I would have said he would have gone with:

Bentley
Clohessy Phillips Cresswell Barker
Hurst Lund Tam Leonard
Tomlin Britt

Corr and Reeves on later in game.

Might ask CP to DM what Sturrock would have chosen on Twitter :smile:

I'd go along with you concerning Lund and Leonard..............not so sure about Barker (more likely Prosser)

I don't know what time the team coach was leaving today but I saw Mohsni walking along the seafront with a friend about 20 minutes ago. Guessing he's not playing tonight!

I don't know what time the team coach was leaving today but I saw Mohsni walking along the seafront with a friend about 20 minutes ago. Guessing he's not playing tonight!

Went yesterday I think....thought I saw a tweet from Mark Phillips complaining about wifi on the coach. He's got Laird and Spillane back for the league, I'd have been extremely surprised if Mohsni had gone.

Our new manager Phil Brown has just admitted on the Blues I Player, when being interviewed about the Rochdale game to come, that at Wembley Bilel Mohsni's playing position might have been wrong. "In hindsight maybe it was the wrong decision."

Give him a chance, he is man enough to admit mistakes, unlike many other managers or people who use Shrimper Zone!

He hardly knows his players yet. :sad:

Rubbish, he. Says 'maybe' he admits nothing. So in reality he does not have the balls to admit he was wrong, or worse he really thinks that maybe he was right!

Back