• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Hooper

Sounds like he may be off on loan to Sheffield Wednesday.

Sounds like he may be off on loan to Sheffield Wednesday.

Good move for him, they need a striker and are going places. He needs to drop down to get a run of games and some goals because his career has stalled a little.

Do Norwich play 1 up top!? Would have thought him and Jerome could be a tasty partnership.

Good move for him, they need a striker and are going places. He needs to drop down to get a run of games and some goals because his career has stalled a little.

I suppose you could say that but he is again in the top league - albeit not in starting XI. Personally, I would prefer to be in the league down and playing regularly especially if I have been earning good wages for the last few years ......... but I am not Hooper and many players in the "modern game" don't seem to have that outlook.

Can they match his £32k a week wages?

Can Norwich afford to pay that to someone who's down the pecking order? I'm sure Wednesday and Norwich could come to an arrangement. As pboreham says, Wednesday have cash and are gunning for promotion.

Moany mug and one of the luckiest players in the modern era. I wouldn't have him back here...he will just walk about and moan about what his dad wants for him.

Can't believe some thought he was on the verge of International thought. I make him league one at best

Moany mug and one of the luckiest players in the modern era. I wouldn't have him back here...he will just walk about and moan about what his dad wants for him.

Can't believe some thought he was on the verge of International thought. I make him league one at best

Good fishing.

Good fishing.

Not fishing, guy was useless and lazy for us. Got lucky in a strong Scunthorpe team and then went to the equivalent of a championship side playing non-league teams every week and scored a few. Prem team took a risk on him, didn't work out and now will be shifted off to Championship...before failing and falling down the leagues.

How on earth was he lazy?

He didnt do anything for us yet was barely given a chance and played right wing most of the time he was.

He has scored goals at every club he went to other than Norwich so the Premier League may have been a step too far, but I cant see him dropping lower than Championship.

Not fishing, guy was useless and lazy for us. Got lucky in a strong Scunthorpe team and then went to the equivalent of a championship side playing non-league teams every week and scored a few. Prem team took a risk on him, didn't work out and now will be shifted off to Championship...before failing and falling down the leagues.

Yeah Hooper was third top scorer in the championship because he was lucky to be in a 'strong' Scunthorpe side, so strong in fact they reached the dizzying heights of 20th in the championship.

Hahaha, you muppet.

You may not have him back here , but i for one would ,i think him and hunt would be dynamite together if PB played 2 up front.

Probably one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on here. Unbelievable.

Reportedly turned down a loan move to Sheffield Wednesday because they refused to give him a VIP box for every home game. He's rejected that claim, and has remained at Norwich, though he's still being linked with Fulham for a loan move when the loan window reopens next week.

Back