• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What was Steve Tilson's great achievement at Southend United?

• Drawing at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lol envy - the bloke is a nasty bit of work

So answer the question is he working for nothing? No? Not such saint Tilson

As for being more Southend lol supports Leeds don't he?

Tilson has done more good for this club than you ever have or will. If u manage to match 1% of that then you've done well

In relation to the question of is he working for nothing......... Probably not, but I know he did used to coach local kids teams for free whilst he was still playing.

Lol envy - the bloke is a nasty bit of work

So answer the question is he working for nothing? No? Not such saint Tilson

As for being more Southend lol supports Leeds don't he?

Did he turn up at Leeds Meet the players Day?

He turned up to ours, at a club that sacked him after not paying his squad for half the season and not paying him either. Says a lot about the man that he was still prepared to come along.

Tilson has done more good for this club than you ever have or will. If u manage to match 1% of that then you've done well

Of course he has done more he has been a player and a manager, I have not been graced with such luck however your point was he is 'Southend' implying that he is a regular fair weather fan, my point is for me he is not really a massive fan as you dictate

Never knew that, has he been to any more recently?

I have a feeling Jam is right, I think he did turn up to play the charity game in a vets side after he'd been put on gardening leave. Don't think he's been since though.

Maybe he will get a job as a number 2 or a coaching role with a lower league or conference club. He did a few weeks with John Still last season when he was at Dagenham. Sometimes when you are in this type of job you get a chance as a caretaker manager when the main guy gets fired. This is how he got into management with us. That may be his only route back to management at senior level. Still a Blues legend though!

Steve in my book is the business through and through,Glad he has got this gig and hope he gets back into the pro game very soon.

I enjoyed Brazil vs Spain .... of course Sir Steve put a SUFC team out against Scolari and got a result ...... I would say the great performances against Chelsea were probably the nail in Scolaris coffin ..... done well against Ferguson too.

I suppose if you have a go at someone who has had those sorts of days in their life its must be a strange bitter sort of envy

I think Tilly did pretty well to last 6 years in management in his first job as a number one. I don't know the exact figures but I'd guess most first time managers on average last no more than 18 months and the majority don't get a second chance at a top job after being sacked.

Back