• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[video=youtube;QPKLrH2UsJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKLrH2UsJ4[/video]

Published on Nov 12, 2016

Followed centre-half Bilel Mohsni around after the final whistle. A testament to the patience some professional players have.

Bilel

Anyone else notice that Bilel Moshni was Man of the Match for Tunisia in their world cup qualifier win against Libya?

African nations cup, Algeria v Tunisia is coming up, is Bilel playing ? I will watch and see:smile:

Interesting interview with Bilel from just after he signed for Rangers in 2013 that I hadn't seen before...

I was getting frustrated and I started to lose my temper a lot at Southend. I realised I had to control it. My temper was starting to have an affect on my career. But it’s frustrating when you have the opportunity to play in the Premier League and it doesn’t happen. The Southend chairman told me the fee [£100k] and my agent said that was okay for West Ham. But then the chairman changed his mind. It was very hard to accept. I could have changed my life. My whole family would have been able to watch me play on TV. I went back to France after and everyone was so happy for me. To have to then tell them ‘No’was so frustrating. At that point I asked myself, ‘Why do I play football?’. I wanted to go to the highest level but when I tried, one person stopped me. I did think about quitting the game. I was at home when I found out the news. I trained alone and I thought that maybe football wasn’t for me. But my family and my agent told me that I had to play football and luckily I have found a good club in Rangers.

I don’t take losing well. It doesn’t matter if I have a good game. If the team plays bad, I am disappointed. Some players say you have to be selfish but I’m not. I always think about what I did wrong in the game and try to do better next time. The problem with my temper started when I was playing as a striker. You receive a lot of elbows and kicks. In France, players are protected by referees. In the UK, they just leave it.

Paul Sturrock was a great manager and he and I were very close. He was fantastic with me. I would like to thank him and I have done so. We speak regularly because we were more like friends than player and manager. Before I came to Southend at 22 I was working as a teacher’s assistant in France. I called Paul on Saturday after I signed my contract with Rangers to thank him for everything.

Any chance we might see him playing against England in the summer?

As far as I can tell he doesn't even have a club at the moment so I doubt it unless someone picks him up in January and he does well.

Back