• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, I remember the old days - fans mixed and mingled - shouting support for their own team rather than the more common element today where abuse is handed out to home and away players and the officials. When I used to go to some away games, I would sit in the stand towards the side to get a better view than behind the goal.

No problem with that and it had the added benefit of being able to talk about the other team and their players (no names on the back of shirts and programmes were often printed many days in advance and inaccurate).

All this relies on people being decent and displaying some common sense ........... oooppps, I think I've found the weakness in my argument ......... :'(

And how many times have SUFC fans sat in the "home" end at away matches? Chelsea, Spurs for example?

Was in the Tottenham shelf when we played them in the 3rd round of the FA cup, even stood up and cheered and clapped when we scored our penalty, all this while wearing my SUFC shirt. Surprised no one around me really have me a hard time. Might because they also saw my kids cheering as well. Maybe.

It's a friendly...

Do you despise the set up for rugby fans?

Quite. I've been to a few rugby internationals at the Millennium Stadium against Argentina, South Africa, Australia etc. and everyone sits together, drinks beer and has a pleasant time.

I've never understood why football supporters can't do the same.

Quite. I've been to a few rugby internationals at the Millennium Stadium against Argentina, South Africa, Australia etc. and everyone sits together, drinks beer and has a pleasant time.

I've never understood why football supporters can't do the same.

I fully agree .......... but I guess there will be those that confuse "passion" with "swearing and abuse". :sad:

I was sat in west stand as usual and i didnt notice any west ham fans,all seemed a bit low key as it was their youth team.Good night out.

West Ham fans sitting in the home end...

Is it arrogance?
Are they lost?
Do they think they own the place?
Is it respect?

I just don’t get it! As a fan in general, why on earth wouldn’t you want to sit with your own fans..???

I would understand the issue if it was Westhams first team as there would of been a much bigger turn out but not for the youth side.

All our pre season games including Madrid Southend fans have been in the "home" sections so whats the different?

As long as they're not sitting there chanting their very annoying song in our stands, and are part of a mixed group of supporters, I don't really have an issue. Plenty around us last night, including one dad with two sons, one wearing a Southend top and one a West Ham one - it happens in families! It's when you get supporters that are clearly ONLY West Ham, all adults, who have chosen to sit in our stands that I get a bit narked.

It would never happen in my family. Southend shirts all the way

Much as I hate West Ham and their fans, I can't moan about them coming down to RH and swanning around like they own the place; that's exactly what we do when we play Grays, Canvey, Braintree etc.

If you really can't stomach the sight of all that smug, cockney, claret&blue, then do as I did and stay at home. The tenner I saved can go towards one of our rather fetching yellow and black striped shirts :)

Much as I hate West Ham and their fans, I can't moan about them coming down to RH and swanning around like they own the place; that's exactly what we do when we play Grays, Canvey, Braintree etc.

If you really can't stomach the sight of all that smug, cockney, claret&blue, then do as I did and stay at home. The tenner I saved can go towards one of our rather fetching yellow and black striped shirts :)

Right so in your view we should not go to our own homes games rather then turf the easy London deluded ****s out?

Right so in your view we should not go to our own homes games rather then turf the easy London deluded ****s out?

As far as the West Ham friendly is concerned then that's my approach; I've never attended one of these matches. I'd far rather the club didn't arrange a match against them at all though. I wouldn't give a monkey's if it was Spurs, Chelski, or Gooners sitting next to me at a friendly; mine is just a completed hatred of all things West Ham.

Just to make quite clear though; if we get to play this shower of ***** in a competitive match then I won't tolerate a single claret & blue shirt in a home section.

As far as the West Ham friendly is concerned then that's my approach; I've never attended one of these matches. I'd far rather the club didn't arrange a match against them at all though. I wouldn't give a monkey's if it was Spurs, Chelski, or Gooners sitting next to me at a friendly; mine is just a completed hatred of all things West Ham.

Just to make quite clear though; if we get to play this shower of ***** in a competitive match then I won't tolerate a single claret & blue shirt in a home section.

Not wanting to sound like I've come on here to start arguments but in what way would you not tolerate someone in a West Ham shirt sitting in the home end?

Again, not trying to start an argument. Just interested.

Not wanting to sound like I've come on here to start arguments but in what way would you not tolerate someone in a West Ham shirt sitting in the home end?

Again, not trying to start an argument. Just interested.

Football is about pride and identity its about us and them, its a divide, its a battle, its a conquest!

Blurring the lines detracts from the passion

Back