• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Britt Assombalonga

His said in an interview before he wants to play for DR Congo as that was the place of his birth. This may be why he doesn't have any U21 caps, because The FA would have to convince him to change his nationally.

I think his lack of U21 recognition was more because he was bouncing around the lower leagues when he was eligible. According to Wikipedia he's fully eligible for both England and Congo. It's just a case of who gets him to play a full competitive game first.

Fair play to the lad for sticking by his country of birth. He will end up being a DR Congo legend.

Fair play to the lad for sticking by his country of birth. He will end up being a DR Congo legend.

It is refreshing. How many players have switched nationality just to get a call-up? I'm sure if you asked Freddy what his nationality is, he'd have to think twice before he said Welsh, if at all.

Scored another brace tonight against Birmingham. I can't believe he's still only 24, it feels like he has been around forever already.

Not worth starting a new thread but I went to see Dulwich Hamlet today at their new home - ground sharing with Tooting & Mitchum. Dulwich won 3-0 to go top. First goal was a rocket into the top corner from outside the area.
Didn't have a chance to make a difference but Gavin Tomlin came on for the last 3 mins after being out injured. Was given a warm welcome for his return.

Not worth starting a new thread but I went to see Dulwich Hamlet today at their new home - ground sharing with Tooting & Mitchum. Dulwich won 3-0 to go top. First goal was a rocket into the top corner from outside the area.
Didn't have a chance to make a difference but Gavin Tomlin came on for the last 3 mins after being out injured. Was given a warm welcome for his return.

Really enjoyed my visits to the old ground with my son

Out of interest *** what was the gate, as they have a strong following

I believe the attendance was 840. Not bad considering the weather.

DYksOP8X0AAkZEh.jpg

DYlgJpJXUAEdLmW.jpg

I used to play for Distillers (now Diageo) on the ground behind (in the picture). I think it was 1980 when the changing rooms burnt down so we had the luxury of using the DH ones for a while. Happy days !

Last edited:
Pulis is looking to sell him at Boro. Swansea and Birmingham interested but not keen on the £15 million price tag.

Britt got his 50th Championship goal tonight. Fantastic return for him. Would be a whole lot more had it not been for his injuries. Top player and I'm glad we got to see him in our colours.

He had a loan spell at Braintree a few years back - scored something like 5 in 5 and a red card!

Back