• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Britt Assombalonga

That'll be tricky - he's declared for Congo.

I didn't realise that, but does it even matter if he's not played yet?

Genuinely think he could score 35 goals this year in the Championship and then he'd have a tough decision to make.

I didn't realise that, but does it even matter if he's not played yet?

Genuinely think he could score 35 goals this year in the Championship and then he'd have a tough decision to make.

To come back here? But we've got Simon Cox and Nile Ranger. Not sure he'd get a game mate. :unsure:

He could switch and had previously said that he wanted to play for England but he seemed fairly content with his decision and his reasoning when asked in May

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39897828

England would need to move quickly to get him and I imagine he's still too low in the pecking order for it to be likely. We're probably going to see this more and more over the next ten years with young, talented players of African descent deciding to play for their country of origin over the country that they've lived and trained in.

He could switch and had previously said that he wanted to play for England but he seemed fairly content with his decision and his reasoning when asked in May

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39897828

England would need to move quickly to get him and I imagine he's still too low in the pecking order for it to be likely. We're probably going to see this more and more over the next ten years with young, talented players of African descent deciding to play for their country of origin over the country that they've lived and trained in.

I wonder what the pecking order is:

Kane
Rashford
Vardy
Sturridge (if fit)
Welbeck
Rooney ?
Defoe
Tammy Abraham
Demarai Gray
Nathan Redmond

If you make the assumption that we'll move on from Sturridge, Rooney and Defoe for 2018+ plans and the top three are certains if fit, then a strong CCC campaign up until Christmas could see England ask the question for a friendly in March

Defoe is probably higher than that. He might even be second cab on the rank at this point.

I've love to see Britt play for England. I think if he stays fit he could go right to the top. I just think that he and his agent have made their decision now but we shall see.

I wonder what the pecking order is:

Kane
Rashford
Vardy
Sturridge (if fit)
Welbeck
Rooney ?
Defoe
Tammy Abraham
Demarai Gray
Nathan Redmond

If you make the assumption that we'll move on from Sturridge, Rooney and Defoe for 2018+ plans and the top three are certains if fit, then a strong CCC campaign up until Christmas could see England ask the question for a friendly in March

I'd say Dwight Gayle should be in that list too

Don't forget Cauley Woodrow :winking:

I'd say Assombalonga is easily ahead of him in terms of England senior status. I think Woodrow is starting to regress to his level as a ok championship striker but nothing more. I think that's his ceiling. He is still relatively young though.

I'd say Assombalonga is easily ahead of him in terms of England senior status. I think Woodrow is starting to regress to his level as a ok championship striker but nothing more. I think that's his ceiling. He is still relatively young though.

Rumour has it he will be returning to Burton on loan again.

Rumour has it he will be returning to Burton on loan again.

Probably proves my point.

Assombalonga has all the attributes to make it to the top - fast, strong, two footed, great in the air, smart, great smile

Back