• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Makes good business sense to tie Bentley down long-term, imagine we'll be able to sell him for a decent fee in a year or two if he fulfils his potential (although it sounds like he's made quite a few mistakes in pre-season, are we doing the classic English thing of overhyping young players?). We've seen too many good players go for nothing.

As for the stadium, like most, my reaction is I'll see it when I believe it. Brown talks a good game.

Good news about signings though, the team's coming together nicely. Looking forward to Saturday more now. Not sure if Shrimperzone can handle all this positivity. It's too hot! Martin out!

Looks like we'll be cashing in on Bentley big time at the end of the season.

Exactly what I thought. That said with Chambers, Ted Smith and Lucky Luca coming through looks like a lovely production line which ends with Luca lifting the Euro Cup in say 2019.

As others have said, this thread is far to joyful.

So i ask you all this..........................

Where's the Freddy money gone?

Get all the good news out two days before the season starts. Clever from the club, might put a few on the gate. Not blaming them, BTW.

Todays positives have certainly made me feel more excited about Saturday, hopefully may encourage some who were unsure about going.

With 1000 plus pilgrims coming down what do you believe the gate will be 4000 maybe .

The crowd for the first few games of the season is always a little lower because a number of fans are away on holiday and the start of the season this year does seem to be extraordinarily early.

With Plymouth bringing between 1,000 to 1,200 I would expect to see a crowd in excess of 6,000. Here's hoping anyway.

5,212 1-1 fred to equalize 81 min get ur sen to bookies sure thing.:smile:

Get all the good news out two days before the season starts. Clever from the club, might put a few on the gate. Not blaming them, BTW.

What, you mean 2 days before the match, when people have already made other plans?

What, you mean 2 days before the match, when people have already made other plans?

Well considering this summer has been 90 per cent bad news, I suppose it's good to get the 10 per cent of good news as close to the start of the season as possible.

Good news for me, would be another two signings minimum today. Reid is an extra body but slightly underwhelmed by his signing. WOuld have preferred news of Forte signing. Bentley signing a 3 year deal is good news but makes no difference leading up to the season starting. The news re the ground, weve all heard before. Hoping that Clifford and Bennett sign up today and then i agree that it has been a good day.

Back