• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm expecting changes but hopefully not too many. Keep the right mix with youth and experience, I'd like to see Ryan Auger as I've heard very good things about him but this is a competition I want to win.

Couldnt care less about winning it, but Wembley would be good and the money would make a big difference.

However with the size of the squad I wouldnt be overly bothered to go out to be honest.

Predicting a 17-3 win

The three we concede all Smiths fault so haters can continue to hate!
Woodrow to get 1, Reid with 1, Payne and hurst hattricks, and the rest.. who cares?

As well as several very good saves, but sadly he used the wrong hand which makes them awful!

Couldn't care less about this cup now. We had the final last year, the money is always a bonus but look at the devastating effects it has. Look how poor we were after we lost Timlin who got injured in the tournament. We can't afford to lose anymore players through injury so I wouldn't be upset if we got knocked out.

Couldn't care less about this cup now. We had the final last year, the money is always a bonus but look at the devastating effects it has. Look how poor we were after we lost Timlin who got injured in the tournament. We can't afford to lose anymore players through injury so I wouldn't be upset if we got knocked out.

Yeah , I kind of agree with all of that.
The only thing I would say though , is that now we finally got a win on Saturday , it would be good to follow that up with another for the purposes of building confidence if nothing else.
Especially as we play them in the League quite soon.

Couldnt care less about winning it, but Wembley would be good and the money would make a big difference.

Its not made a blind bit of difference this season as we are worse off than ever.

Yeah , I kind of agree with all of that.
The only thing I would say though , is that now we finally got a win on Saturday , it would be good to follow that up with another for the purposes of building confidence if nothing else.
Especially as we play them in the League quite soon.

Good point well presented, there is pros and cons to both, like I said before it's the injury threat that worries me most about these games.

It's vital to do well in this JPT tournament & get to FA Cup 3rd round at least, so we can make some cash to lift the transfer embargo.

Anyone travelling up the A127 should be aware that the A127 is closed at Hall Lane flyover and there is a tailback of stationery traffic. Guess the problem is around the M25 area.

Southend United ‏@SUFCRootsHall 3m
TEAM NEWS: Smith; White, Phillips, Prosser, Coker; Clifford, Payne, Timlin; Hurst, Reid, Straker

Err, is that one up front at Home in a cup game? Unbelievable! Hurst the new striker or Straker the striker, give me strength

It's vital to do well in this JPT tournament & get to FA Cup 3rd round at least, so we can make some cash to lift the transfer embargo.

Oh is that all.

Maybe we can get to the quarter finals of the World Cup too :smile:

The JPT doesnt mean anything unless you get to the semi finals.

FA cup 3rd round would be nice but no guarantee youll even get a big name then. I think last year we budgeted on getting to the 2nd round, any more than that is a bonus.

I thought Brown said how important cup games were and this could induce a great run? Prossey said we all want to get back to Wembley. So do I, having suffered the losses at the Milennium and last year. Please let me be a complete idiot in not realizing the strike force that is Reid, Straker and Hurst is the ultimate forward line to be reckoned with. Stranger things have happened and we will win 4 nil! with Straker grabbing a hat trick

I think Payne will be playing up front with Reid, he seem to play further forward, where his pace & tricky could cause them problem - he played up front in pre season, he too lightweight to play in middle.

Back