• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An idea/suggestion

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Another forum I frequent, has an identical layout to SZ, therefore I'm assuming it's possibly the same premise. On that forum, when someone quotes one of your posts, or tags your name in a post, it flashes up a notification that lets you know, along the top bar, between my profiles & settings? It's pretty handy for those threads that have 100's of posts/pages. Just wondered if that was possible here?

I think it's a great idea and will see what the others think and see how hard it is to implement. I have seen it before and agree its handy to have.

Will they have not updated the software with a better version by now or was it quite recent when you tried it?

This would be brilliant if we could implement this. When you don't frequent a site too much and loads of pages of threads have been added it is hard to track your post.

This would be brilliant if we could implement this. When you don't frequent a site too much and loads of pages of threads have been added it is hard to track your post.

Exactly this. Some threads end up with thousands of posts, and I personally can't be arsed to trawl through multiple pages. This feature is ideal for replying to people and not looking like a rude ****

They have that on the new Englandfans forum. Its drives me mad and it seems a lot of others too.

It's perfect for those threads that have hundreds of posts though that you can't be bothered to trawl through. Makes perfect sense & works well. Get with the times G-man :raspberry:

Personally I think it's a good idea.

It works brilliantly. Maybe the mods should do a poll & let everyone decide (or just go ahead and do it already!!)

*thats if the format is feasible

**if it was in place right now, you'd have known I'd responded to you personally by now :)

Also, if it's implemented, I'd like it to forever be known as "Nik's Law", Similar to Ming's Law, just a bit less evil. Only a bit mind

:happy:

Back