• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rochford Beer and Cider Festival

All Southend Supporetrs

The legendary Watermill Wino will be serving half's and pints on some nights at the Beer Festival.
We also have the only Green coloured Ale in the country called Devils Walking Stick for you taste buds.

Not sure about the legendary handle but really looking forward to it.
I must do my duty to the thirsty public of Essex. :) Going to be fantastic this year Slaphead.

Don't think so!! :winking:

http://www.stonehengeales.co.uk/sign_of_spring.html

View attachment 2527

I talked John into ordering it for the Golden Lion a while back! A stunning beer!

Big Shrimp

Yes. I had that lovely ale at the pub that closed down in Carnewdon just a few year's ago, just down the road from the Lion at there beer festival. Lovely ale.
Its only brewed for a few months a year just like this beer and not available now, Just like Devils Walking Stick..
Wish i could order Sign Of Spring for the beer festival but i cant, due to it being a spring ale.

Big Shrimp

Yes. I had that lovely ale at the pub that closed down in Carnewdon just a few year's ago, just down the road from the Lion at there beer festival. Lovely ale.
Its only brewed for a few months a year just like this beer and not available now, Just like Devils Walking Stick..
Wish i could order Sign Of Spring for the beer festival but i cant, due to it being a spring ale.

Its been a while since I've had it. I first drank it in a "locals pub call the Crossways which is on the Surrey/Hants border. The locals were put off by the tasting notes saying it was green in colour. I was the first to try it & after I order a second pint, the locals piled in & we finished the barrel off!!

A lot of you will have attended what probally is the biggest event in Rochford and most of you will know
me. I am attending every home and away game this season. The one with the bald head, and talks a lot.

Its awful ordering all this beer and Organising the event!!!
19th to 23rd November is the date. We have 220 firkins of Ale (75 pints in each) and 65 firkins of cider. Plus the usual
bottles of English and Foreign Beer.
Its as usual at the Freight House Rochford. We get about 5,000 people over the five days.
With Uncle Ron lowering the prices to a fiver for the York game. Its a ideal oportunity to pop in before or after the game
to try some of the Ale or Cider and have a chat with the many Shrimpers who attend over the period of the Festival
but especially the Saturday.

I assume you will be refusing entry to anyone not wearing a pair of Brown brogue dealer boots in line with other Rochford drinking establishments?

Yes Mate

Over a thousand people so far, about that expected today.
Poster's on wall's around festival and been talking to the occasional supporterwho are now aware of the fiver a game
and going to it. Leaflets on front door.
Even had a Rochdale fan in last night with a Rochdale scarf on. How was he aware of Fest. I dont know?.
Wino serving tonight!

Went from about 2pm to 7pm yesterday, had a great time, think Devil's Walking Stick (the green ale) was my favourite. Well done to all involved. :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone who attended.

Over 4,100 and we think nearly £2,500 raised for Little Havens.
Great to see so many Shrimpers there especially after the York game, enjoyed the chat's.
Took on board the comments which were all usefull.
Planning already started for next year

Cheers
Slaphead

Hi All
Rochford Beer & Cider Festival 2014.
18th to 22nd November is back.
We are away to Tranmere on that Saturday.

New Opening times
Tuesday 5.30 p.m. to 10.45 p.m.
Wednesday 12.00 p.m. to 10.45 p.m.
Thursday 12.00 p.m. to 10.45 p.m.
Friday 12.00 p.m. to 10.45 p.m.
Saturday 12.00 p.m. to 10.45 p.m.

The usual well over 200 ales and 50 Cider's
Last season so many Shrimper's were there and many giving good advice.
Anyway after the Burton games we just had to have a Staffordshire Bar.
Tried to get a Time Waster but unavailable.

75 Firkins from Essex
75 Firkins from around the Country
50 Firkins from Staffordshire.

Provisional Beer and Cider List at see.camra.org.uk.

Cheers and hopefully see you all at Rochford
Slaphead Steve
Organiser Rochford Beer and Cider Festival

I am all over this like a cheap suit....
which I will almost certainly be wearing when I visit.

Can anyone put a link as i am not very good on things like this.
As the list has been updated and the list wont change much.

see.camra.org.uk

Ta
Slaphead

Last edited by a moderator:
Back