• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rochford Beer and Cider Festival

Not been before but am going for the first time this year and cannot wait. I am a massive real ale drinker so am looking forward to it.

Going on the Saturday. Does anyone have any hints or tips? Will a list of beers that will be on be shown beforehand?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Not been before but am going for the first time this year and cannot wait. I am a massive real ale drinker so am looking forward to it.

Going on the Saturday. Does anyone have any hints or tips? Will a list of beers that will be on be shown beforehand?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Althorne Shrimper
I have organized this event for over 15 year's and you will be in safe hands I presume after the game Saturday.
My two other Organiser's are also going to the game. So we are leaving a Watford supporter in charge.
Directly after the Oxford match you will see a massive influx of hopefully happy Shrimpers who most will be wearing colours. If not talking or in typical Shrimperzone style moaning about the game.
A link to the website showing the beers is in the post just above this.
My best tip get a glass fill it with a beer or the cider that you fancy, smile talk to your fellow Shrimpers, and don't forget to catch the last train back to Althorne. Time will fly. Finally say hello to me Slaphead Steve or even watermill wino, with us two you will be lucky to get a word in. Its free entry all day Saturday!!

Many thanks for the info. Really stupid question, but should I bring my own glass? I have been to a few before and some require you to bring your own glass.

Thanks!

Many thanks for the info. Really stupid question, but should I bring my own glass? I have been to a few before and some require you to bring your own glass.

Thanks!

No Mate
Whenyou enter the festival you purchase a festival glass at 2 pounds fifty pence.
If you want to keep it you can, when you leave.
If not just give it back and we will refund the money.

No Mate
Whenyou enter the festival you purchase a festival glass at 2 pounds fifty pence.
If you want to keep it you can, when you leave.
If not just give it back and we will refund the money.

Brilliant, many thanks. Even better is my sister is taking us to the festival. She doesn't really drink so free lift back to Rochford as we are crashing at hers. Result. Looking forward to trying as many beers as I can. I may print off the list and tick them as I do. Ill stick to half pints otherwise I won't make it!

Thanks again for your help!

Brilliant, many thanks. Even better is my sister is taking us to the festival. She doesn't really drink so free lift back to Rochford as we are crashing at hers. Result. Looking forward to trying as many beers as I can. I may print off the list and tick them as I do. Ill stick to half pints otherwise I won't make it!

We also serve third of a pint. You can try more then.

get yourself on the untappd app! no need for ticking off beers then!

get yourself on the untappd app! no need for ticking off beers then!

I'm not so good with phones, I may end up throwing it! thanks though, I may give it a go! Now to think about which one to start on... I may go with the third of a pint too so I can try as much as possible.

I'm getting excited now... I assume you just go up and pay with money? No messing with beer tokens I assume? Ideally, I don't want to be queuing for most of the evening! Any prices around? I think I may go with a smaller size glass to start off with so I can try as many as possible. Are there any flavoured ciders on offer? I did look at the list and could not see any? My fiancée is a massive fruit cider drinker.

Thanks I will ask no more questions!

Love these festivals.Went 3 time to the EXETER..real ale and cider ones,late 80s.
You could buy a pint glass,with the date etc written on it:Can you do that there?
The first time i went,when i left to get the bus home,if they had breathalysed me,i would have got done for drink and driving a pram.!!But we both got home well

Love these festivals.Went 3 time to the EXETER..real ale and cider ones,late 80s.
You could buy a pint glass,with the date etc written on it:Can you do that there?
The first time i went,when i left to get the bus home,if they had breathalysed me,i would have got done for drink and driving a pram.!!But we both got home well

No Ozzie. We don't write a date on the pint glass but we do have a special glass every year.
Yes most people travel by public transport to Rochford.
Hope to see you during the week

Hoping to get over there this afternoon/evening for a few samples.

Currently going on my own as Billy No Mates so if there are any other Shrimpers heading over let me know :happy:

Hoping to get over there this afternoon/evening for a few samples.

Currently going on my own as Billy No Mates so if there are any other Shrimpers heading over let me know :happy:

I hope to be there today too; how will I recognise you GNH?

I could always try wearing a pink carnation in my left lapel.........other than that I'll try to dig out an SUFC shirt to show my loyalty.

Good to meet and chat with you, and a few other Shrimpers, my cunning disguise gave me away!

Lots of good beer, nice gentile company, mature conversation, great Friday POETS afternoon.

Back