• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2014

Rosburg didn't want to talk about it and suggested there would be some sort of team meeting! not a happy Herman.

I find it quitter annoying that people like Alan Brazil who obviously didn't watch the race is quite happy to slag of Mercedes for telling Hamilton to let Rosberg pass. Obviously completely unaware that Rosberg had to make another stop. Mercedes were trying to win the race and if Hamilton had let him go they would have had a good chance of second place.

I find it quitter annoying that people like Alan Brazil who obviously didn't watch the race is quite happy to slag of Mercedes for telling Hamilton to let Rosberg pass. Obviously completely unaware that Rosberg had to make another stop. Mercedes were trying to win the race and if Hamilton had let him go they would have had a good chance of second place.

The problem was:

- Rosberg wasn't 'clearly' faster than Hamilton when he wanted to pass
- He was about 1.5 seconds or so behind, not particularly close.

Hamilton shouldn't have to slow down and pull across as if he was being lapped. The request by Mercedes was stupid at that moment in time, Rosberg should have been much closer.

I think the Merc thinking was that Rosberg could have gone quicker in clean air for those 5 or 6 laps and pujt pressure on the leaders at the end.
His problem was he wasn't close enough on the straight.

I plan to go to that one next year, as son as the calendar is confirmed, so expect it to be wet.

I think the Merc thinking was that Rosberg could have gone quicker in clean air for those 5 or 6 laps and pujt pressure on the leaders at the end.
His problem was he wasn't close enough on the straight.

I plan to go to that one next year, as son as the calendar is confirmed, so expect it to be wet.

ROS was clearly struggling behind cars, which is why he took ages to get past Verne but Hamilton breezed past. It was clear he couldn't get close to HAM but that's racing really, ROS has a poor first half and irrespective of the first safety car HAM was ahead when they both stopped for their 2nd time and HAM went onto the 'worse strategy' and ROS the better one but ROS couldn't make it count.

If they were really going for the win by one of their drivers as the order suggests, then they should have put the better placed driver (HAM) onto the 'better' strategy (2 stints on soft rather than 1 stint on hard)*

They were never going to show favouritism to HAM even if down to track position mid race and therefore HAM was well within his right to 'refuse' the order**

I'd love to go to a race, been put off a bit because my dad has been to Silverstone a few times and said it's not really that great a spectacle. Somewhere like Spa or even Hungary could be great fun. We used to go watch BTCC a lot when younger which is a really good day out.

*by better I mean that HAM was better placed to catch up to RIC and ALO.
**technically he didn't refuse it, just said get a bit closer!

Ask Davros what he thought as he went to the race.

By all accounts Spa is very good because of the track elevation changes, in certain spots you can see the whole track.

Also Hamilton didn't breeze past, it was a fantastic maneuver half on the grass, he could've easily span off.

Ask Davros what he thought as he went to the race.

By all accounts Spa is very good because of the track elevation changes, in certain spots you can see the whole track.

Also Hamilton didn't breeze past, it was a fantastic maneuver half on the grass, he could've easily span off.

Yeah I just meant that he got past in 1 lap, rather than 9 or however long it too ROS.

Yeah it'd be good to hear from Davros.

I'd love to go to a race, been put off a bit because my dad has been to Silverstone a few times and said it's not really that great a spectacle. Somewhere like Spa or even Hungary could be great fun. We used to go watch BTCC a lot when younger which is a really good day out.

*by better I mean that HAM was better placed to catch up to RIC and ALO.
**technically he didn't refuse it, just said get a bit closer!

I used to go to the British GP back in the 80's. Distinctly remember seeing the first turbo car - Renault RS01 at Silverstone which had that fantastic turbo whistle under braking. Also did a few at Brands and it was always a scramble at 7 in the morning to get a decent place to watch from.

Hungary is appealing as the circuit is only half hour or so out of Budapest and apparently easily accessible.

Well, what a great race for a first F1 experience!

I think it may have been a lot less exciting without the downpour before the start, but definitely worth getting wet for.

The reason we chose Hungary is that it was the cheapest ticket (by a long way) on the main straight in the whole of the European Calender.

For £160, for three day ticket (plus pit walk on the Thursday... But we didn't arrive in time), it was great value, when you compare you would pay around £300 to sit opposite grid spots 9/10 like we were, at Silverstone. (Albeit you would have had some shelter at Silverstone!)

We got pretty lucky with the seats, probably because I booked them so early. We were 6 rows back, so felt well in the action, and Perez smacked the wall dead opposite us.

The whole thing is pretty well organized, and there is a free bus from Budapest bus station to and from the circuit on all three days. It's a bit of a walk at both ends, but nothing a fit lad like you chaps couldn't hack. Thought the buses would be over crowded, but if you are a bit 'un British' about it, it's easy enough to get on, even got a seat a few times!

We're lucky enough to bump into Damon Hill, Johnny Herbert and Pinks filming in the fan zone after free practice 3 which put the icing on the cake.

One thing I will say is, it's a little disappointing that GP2 cars are far louder than F1 cars (needed ear plugs for the GP2 but not the F1), but that said, it is a good bonus you get a whole GP2 and GP3 (plus Porsche cup) calander.

From the flyer I got on the way out, there will be some extra classic races next year, as is the 30th race there, so would be a good year.

Genuinely though, overall, struggle to find many negatives about the whole thing. Also on top, Budapest is a great city, so be sure to have a day or two either side for that!

We used bookf1 for the tickets, and their service was good to, although at £21 for an admin fee you'd hope so! I believe early bird prices are up to November, and then prices go up a bit. We booked Gold 2, rows 1-10 (which is cheaper than sitting in the rows further back, as you cannot see the rest of the circuit so well, but since you're opposite a massive screen, it doesn't really matter!)

Hammy seems hard done by following the Nico ramming at Spa.
What will/ can Mercedes do now?
Their garage must be an interesting place!

Feel a bit sorry for Hamilton as he has been very unlucky this year. On the plus side, it has been brilliant to watch Ricciardo winning and outperforming Vettel. If someone had started watching this season and you told them one had just signed and the other was a 4 time champion, they would be surprised.

Also, if Ricciardo had been a little more lucky in his first 2 races and not been disqualified or forced to retire (neither his fault) then he would be only a few points off Hamilton.

I expect Rosberg will sit out the next race as a clear statement by Mercedes. That wasn't acceptable and it threw away a lot of points.

Always thought an F1 wheel/tyre would make an amazing coffee table.

I concur. It's the wife's birthday on Sunday, she'd love to watch the F1 while putting her feet up on a wheel that should have been in Japan!

I concur. It's the wife's birthday on Sunday, she'd love to watch the F1 while putting her feet up on a wheel that should have been in Japan!

A fantastic idea! The early morning Suzuka race is one of my favourites (more for the ritual than the recent races which haven't been classics). Red Bull and Vettel should be strong.

Some massive races coming up for Lewis. It's really annoying that the double points rule looks like it's going to play a massive part in deciding this excellent battle.

Back