• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2014

Always thought an F1 wheel/tyre would make an amazing coffee table.
I actually have a rear wheel and tyre from a LE mans winning jag from the late 80's in my shed. 25 years on and I still haven't convinced my wife it will make a nice coffee table.

I actually have a rear wheel and tyre from a LE mans winning jag from the late 80's in my shed. 25 years on and I still haven't convinced my wife it will make a nice coffee table.

Stick it on eBay. You'd probably be able to by loads of coffee tables with the proceeds.

Stick it on eBay. You'd probably be able to by loads of coffee tables with the proceeds.
But will they be scuffed round the outside and corroded in the middle? I'll hang on for a while - she might mellow.

Monsoon could be hitting Suzuka on Sunday afternoon

RcElwt7.png

And it seems like Alonso will be leaving Ferrari at the end of the season.

Monsoon could be hitting Suzuka on Sunday afternoon

RcElwt7.png

And it seems like Alonso will be leaving Ferrari at the end of the season.

There's been a lot of talk about how the race could be postponed outright if that monsoon lands. (i.e. no attempt to even start the race). Would be a shame, especially because F1 wet-races are good and they can be wet but still safe enough for racing.

Hopefully they'll start the race early, it would mean a 2am start here but better than nothing. I guess they won't know the path of the monsoon until quite late.

Massive news today with vettel announcing he will leave red bull. Expect
To see him at Ferrari next hear with alonso to mclaren-honda

Just seen the footage of the crash. Holy ****! Threw the back of the 6.5 ton loader in the air.

[video]http://zippy.gfycat.com/HiddenSleepyIceblueredtopzebra.webm[/video]

Just seen the footage of the crash. Holy ****! Threw the back of the 6.5 ton loader in the air.

[video]http://zippy.gfycat.com/HiddenSleepyIceblueredtopzebra.webm[/video]

Yep terrible crash. Maybe the recovery tractors need some kind of barrier around them? Not quite sure that would have helped much in this situation though.

I have not read all the details regarding this, but why is the track marshall waving a green flag and still carries on waving it even after the crash?
http://www.smellmyclutch.com/video-jules-bianchi-crash-japan/

Really bad luck he came off the track right where the recovery tractor was. Surely there must have been yellow flags being waved to signal the car being recovered to warn the racers to slow down or was it that far off the track it didn't need it. Hope Jules recovers

Looks like his head hits the tractor. Poor poor bloke

By all accounts there were yellows being waved but not sure why greens were being waved in that video. Some questions need to be asked.

It was a freak accident due to unfortunate timing and it happening at the wrong place. It was literally a 1 in a million accident.

I expect that when we have any equipment like that on the track we're going to start seeing the safety car come out. However the safety car slows the race down for a few laps and so they need to think through other options as well.

Why didn't they deploy the safety car immediately? It stands to reason if one car can crash at that turn then surely another one can, especially with the conditions and potential to aquaplane.

Apparently the green flags there were valid, because they mean 'green from that point on' and the site of the crash was under double-yellows.

As they had moved Sutil's car past the marshall post that, as Pubey said, means it's ok from that point on. The post before was showing double waved yellows which mean slow down and prepare to stop which Bianchi didn't do. It's an area the FIA need to look at, as long as drivers don't set their fastest time in that section they're fine. Just lifting off the throttle for a half second isn't enough.

The cars were mostly on used intermediate tyres and most managed fine round the track which is why the safety car wan't deployed for the first crash.

Looking at the video, (depending on the angle Bianchi was travelling) it might have been better for him to hit the loader instead of going through the gap in the tyre barrier and straight into a concrete wall.

According to the news today, he has a similar brain injury to that of Michael Schumacher (diffuse axonal injury) and the outlook is sombre with a low recovery rate. Such a shame.

Back