• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2014

A great shame - I only left there two and half years ago and drove through there the other day.
Place starting going downhill years ago and really is just another East London dump now.

That's right. I used to have a lot of county finals over there but haven't been back for years. I think you will see more and more cricket clubs fold in coming years. Some clubs are swarming over youth intake and it's ruining other local clubs.

Play starts at 2pm. A home draw is important, then again with Essex so is winning the toss.

We win, Hants lose, we're up. We're also up with a maximum points win and a Hants draw.

We've got Worcs 31/5 at the moment, so we're doing our bit!

Great start.

I must say I don't fancy our chances if we go up.

I'm not sure Jesse Ryder is going to take 5 wickets for 20 against division 1 sides.

Worcs currently 58-7.

Hampshire 53-3.

Long way to go, but looking good...

Great start.

I must say I don't fancy our chances if we go up.

I'm not sure Jesse Ryder is going to take 5 wickets for 20 against division 1 sides.

You're probably right. Would be nice to be up there though and hopefully build towards having a decent four day team for the first time this century.

Hampshire making good progress after their dodgy start, which is a pain.

You're probably right. Would be nice to be up there though and hopefully build towards having a decent four day team for the first time this century.

Hampshire making good progress after their dodgy start, which is a pain.

Indeed. If they win it doesn't matter what Essex do. Still early days though...

Essex 200-3. Looking good.

However, Hampshire 357 all out, Glamorgan 12-1.

Interestingly I've just done a quick calculation.

Assume Essex win. They've already got 3 bowling bonus points. Let's assume they get 3 batting points (could be more I know). That means they get 22 points.

Assume Hampshire draw (unlikely but that is the minimum we need to have a chance of going up), they've already got 4 batting points. Let's assume they also get the max. 3 bowling points. That means they get 12 points.

That leaves both teams on 229 points!

Typical that I try a back of a fag packet jobby and end up with both teams on the same points!

Essex need to get 300 or more inside 110 overs as the 1st priority. If we don't then we are relying on Hants losing, and us winning to go up. If we do get to 300 and win, then Hants would also need to win as a draw for them would leave us level on points, but us going up by virtue of winning more games than them.

289-7 at the moment off 100 overs, so 11 needed off 10 overs....

Squeaky bum time....

Essex need to get 300 or more inside 110 overs as the 1st priority. If we don't then we are relying on Hants losing, and us winning to go up. If we do get to 300 and win, then Hants would also need to win as a draw for them would leave us level on points, but us going up by virtue of winning more games than them.

289-7 at the moment off 100 overs, so 11 needed off 10 overs....

Squeaky bum time....

Glamorgan 100-3 at lunch. I'd love them to score about 300, if only because it would make things very interesting over the next 2 days.

Seems Essex will wrap up victory today bar rain, and Hampshire has given their bowlers a few sessions to bowl out Glamorgan with one eye on the weather, prediction some rain to morrow re BBC:happy:

Back