• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

just to add some more happiness, note that Newport and Dag/Bridge were beaten today, and Morecambe could only draw. Starting to consolidate at least a play-off spot.

Brilliant day all round. MOTM must be the Sparky who got the lights going again. Well done sir (or madam). Old Trafford standby for the Blue Army invasion.

UTB

Just seen the highlights on ITV. Wasn't that sure it was a red card at the game, but am convinced that was cynical and nasty now, definite red

Just seen the highlights on ITV. Wasn't that sure it was a red card at the game, but am convinced that was cynical and nasty now, definite red

I wasn't sure at the time, and I'm still not! His momentum was carrying him and his foot was mid air and he needed somewhere to land!

there seemed movement from his right foot more than his left which wasnt on his back.

In the East Blacks it was clear that Easters movement wasn't momentum. It was a small but active stamp on White and was deserving of the red in my opinion.

It was a superb performance. What really made my day however was the **** and his stupid kid that sit in front of me, who usually spend most of the game abusing Straker were completely silenced today as he played out of his skin.

This game will live long in the memory that is for sure.

Possibly the most complete performance of the year. The midfield clicked beautifully, Corr led the line while Thompson and Prosser dealt comfortably with the little threat that Millwall effectively posed. The sending off of Easter should not be seen as an excuse - Millwall were simply very poor, possibly the worst team to visit the Hall this term. I was struck how lean and athletic our players looked in comparison!

What stood out for me was how fit and slim our excellent team looked compared with the heavy weight, fat and unfit Millwall
players. It looked like a team of carthorses up against racehorses.

Well done our manager and the training team, they are doing an excellent job. All the various parts of the playing staff are
working well. Thank you all.

I think that was possibly the most complete performance that I have witnessed since I started supporting the blues in 1974. But IMO it must be put down to Mr. Brown and his supporting staff who completely out thought their Millwall counterparts tactically.

Well done to them and the players, who continue to make me proud to be a shrimper!!

UTB

Its a red card, no question. Not sure why you are even debating it. If you don't get sent off for that, then you don't get sent off for anything.

Blatant stamp all day long. Easter didn't jump until the ball was out of play and Coker was on the floor. he had no need to jump and his right foot clearly stamped on Coker's back.

What made me laugh watching the highlights is after Atkinson scores, Straker skids on his knees like he has scored, Atkinson does the same a few yards away, evetone follows Atkinson and Straker is left there on his own.

Difficult to remember when I last saw us play better at Roots Hall, everybody was on their game and difficult to pick a MOTM. Had me wondering if Millwall were really poor or we were top drawer, a bit of both I think, for sure Millwall were not up for the fight and totally embarrassed Neil Harris and their notorious supporters.

Bentley 8 - Did not have a speck of mud on him in the boggy South goal when the lights went out, says it all!
White 8 - Had the tricky Lee Martin in the first half to mark, he lasted 45 mins, says it all!
Thompson 8 - Well done young man, best game for SUFC
Prosser 8 - My, how he has come along since he first joined us as a nervous novice in 2010
Coker 8 - Plays better with Straker permanently in front of him, confident of cover when advancing.
Clifford 8 - Did the hard graft in midfield, constantly chasing and harrying in a disciplined manner
Leonard 8.5 - Outstanding, pulled the strings and full of confidence.
Timlin 8.5 - All over the pitch and delighted he got on the score sheet finally.
Atkinson 9 - Fantastic on the right, what he lacks over Hurst in delivery, better in energy, workrate and running with the ball
Corr 8.5 - Simple, absolute warrior, so much work up top on his own and a great header for a deserved goal.
Straker 9 - MOTM just, keeps going every game, head never drops even when getting dogs abuse from the minority. Sublime yesterday.

Laird 6 - Lost confidence?, kept passing backwards for his first 15 mins.
Eastwood 6.5 - Did not seem comfortable on the slippy surface.
Phillips 6.5 - Only on for last 5 mins as cover for the skipper.

Looking forward to Plymouth next week, consistency is key. Some difficult selection problems which is nice and add to that also expected to see something of Gomis yesterday. UTB

Just one more highlight from yesterday, After treating Coker on the West side touchline, Ben Clarkson instead of taking the option of walking back to the dugouts via the South side and past our support, walked back via the North knowing full well he was going to get dogs abuse from the Neanderthals, took the flak and gave it back!! Got to love that guy

Back