• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Please post reports and ratings in here for one of the craziest games at Roots Hall.

4th round draw tomorrow after the live game on ITV around 2ish the draw.

Everyone gets a 10.

Ref gets a 10 for keeping the game going.

Whoever helped get the floodlights working gets an 11!!

Wow, just wow. Where did that performance come from? I thought we might have a chance, but frankly they were lucky it was only four, and our third goal was just something else!!

Excellent display from our guys MOM for me Lenny - Struggling for words as this was so good!. Well done to all - we had to be on our game to win today & we were - we totally out bossed them even when they had 11!.
To summarise - Display -amazing. Sending off - bit harsh for me - yes Easter was naughty but there was no harm done.
Bailey hopefully very gutted the silly boy - gave us a goal, got booked & was outclassed by Lenny.
Good to see Strakes & Coker linking up well again & Special mention for Adam Thompson - with no Kiernan I thought we'd be in trouble but Thommo & Prosser coped very well.

That superb result puts us into the 4th Round of the FA Cup for the first time since 2008.

It is only our second-ever victory in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup as a fourth-tier team, and Millwall's first defeat in the 3rd Round to a fourth-tier team for 40 years.

We have scored 3 goals or more in each of the first three rounds of the FA Cup this season, which is the first time we have done that in 62 years.

The most complete performance I've seen in a long time. Everyone gave 110%. The passing in the middle of the park and Timlin's reverse pass that let Atkinson run clear to score was sublime as was Atkinson's finish. Can't say a bad word about any player today. Midfield bossed the game, Corr was outstanding leading the line, Prosser and Thompson were solid at the back as were Coker and White. Straker has one of his sublime games today, totally unplayable.

Has White done his colarbone? Looked bad when he went off as he couldn't raise his arm. If its a fracture that will mean about six weeks out!

Atkinsons goal was the best I have seen at Roots Hall for years - Millwall were poor but remember they are still 2 leagues above us! What a performance!

Just amazing and, as DWB said, one of our most complete performances in years.

And what a game...! Floodlight failures, a sending off, the subduing of a huge and boisterous visiting crowd, four quality goals, the odd moment of comedy, an ex-player of undoubted quality returning only to be played out of the game, and every single man in the team up for the fight and top of their game! Outstanding!

And then, how often do you get that first half goal 26 minutes into added time?

Referee was excellent too, for me, letting the game flow as much as possible and escalating from having a word to showing a card at just the right times. I'll be interested to see the sending off again. From my view mid South Upper, he clearly caught our player but it looked more accidental than purposeful. Who cares though? It's Millwall right, and no one likes them.

Back