• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Answer to Q1 is QPR in 1974/75.
Answer to Q2 is none in living memory. I have been going since 1967, and there are barely any clubs one league higher that we have beaten - Swindon (a) in 1968/69 and Aston Villa (h) in 1971/72 come to mind. Oh and Chesterfield in 2001/02 at home after a replay.

Talk about a scrambled brain (almost as bad as the England Cricket Team), I should have included in the answer to Q1, Liverpool in 1978/79.

1. When was the last time that we drew a top flight side at home in the FA Cup? This would exclude Chelsea a few seasons back as that was a replay.
2. When was the last time we beat a team from 2 divisions above us in the FA Cup?

Technically, the last time we drew a top-flight side at home in the FA Cup was a year ago, when we were drawn out of the hat to play Chelsea at home in the 4th Round. Only thing was, we couldn't beat Brentford in the replay, so it never happened. Just as ten years ago, when we couldn't get past Scarborough for the same result.
:nope:

But the last time we played a top-flight team at home in the FA Cup was indeed Liverpool in 1979.

And we have never beaten a team 2 divisions above us in the FA Cup before this week.

Last edited:
OK, a couple more questions for the stattos amongst us:

1. When was the last time that we drew a top flight side at home in the FA Cup? This would exclude Chelsea a few seasons back as that was a replay.
2. When was the last time we beat a team from 2 divisions above us in the FA Cup?

And no, I don't know the answer myself. Have been going since the late 70's and can't remember either happening since then (cue someone stating that it happened last year).

Thanks for the replies.

Re Q1, how could I have forgotten Liverpool!

Re Q2, I had a suspicion that was the case but wasn't sure (i.e. never until last Saturday). Can't be many other clubs who have been around 100+ years who haven't done this, which shows that our FA Cup pedigree is somewhat poor. Hopefully we rectify that this season.

Back