• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Theres always risk of a replay when fielding a weakened team obviously but it's the chance you godda take I guess. It worked at middlesborough 2 days ago and Brucey will be hoping for the same again I recon. I may be wrong and as we progress further start playing perm regulars but I highly doubt it. I'd bet anything theres a stream for this one. I found lots of streams for more meaningless fixtures in the past few days. (spending a lot of time abroad, I live on streams) :thumbsup:

Why, how many scousers do you have in your squad?

Why not so? The televised games have to be moved from 3.00pm on the Saturday. Surely to allow the clubs in question enough time to organise, print and sell tickets they will need to make the decisions sooner rather than later?

Any club with a replay has only 10 days to organise, print and sell tickets. There would then be a further 11 or 12 days 'til the next round. If the replay involves the away team selected that has no impact on ticket sales.

I'm glad we weren't drawn against Man U. What an anti-climax it would have been to have ended up playing Swansea instead :winking:

If Manure had managed to fiddle their way past Swansea then someone else,we would definitely have beaten them in the 5th round.How do I know: Well,having thrashed the LIONS,then the TIGERS it had to be the CHEATERS next!

Find it hard to believe some people aren't happy with this draw.

For starters we are at home.

Secondly we have avoided a whole host of far less glamorous ties.

Chuck in there our great win yesterday and the Phil Brown connection this is a game that has a great chance of being televised.
if we had got any prem team I still would have gone, even if it was the worst team in the league, westham.

How can people complain about a Premier$hite team at home?

This is pretty much the dream formula for a cupset - 4th division side riding high at home against a midtable Premier$hite side who'll be resting players. Add in the Brown hook and the TV stations will be all over this before you can say banana skin.

How many times have we beaten a top flight side in the FA Cup?

Have we ever done so when we were in the 4th division?

I am happy with the draw the Phil Brown factor adds a bit of spice to the tie. Sure it would have been better to draw an arsenal, chelsea or Man city but lets save them for the next round. I really think we have half a chance of winning this game.

Just had a chat with a mate of mine about our prospects.

“Of course we’ll win – we’ve got Freddy Eastwood! Who’ve they got?!? F*****g No one!”

Paints quite a picture doesn’t he?

Just had a chat with a mate of mine about our prospects.

“Of course we’ll win – we’ve got Freddy Eastwood! Who’ve they got?!? F*****g No one!”

Paints quite a picture doesn’t he?

I think Noone plays for Cardiff.

Two bits of info I found- one currrent one old

First from this years daily mail

The Premier League has given the 20 top flight clubs £200,000 each to spend on subsidising costs for away fans and Sportsmail has investigated to see what they're doing with this money.
A 10 per cent decline in away attendances over the past five season prompted the Premier League to introduce this Away Fans Fund.

Hull City: Offer free travel to away games and have nearly 30 coaches going to Everton on Saturday 19th October. The club will also offer free travel to Spurs (league and cup), Southampton, Arsenal, and Swansea City, all before Christmas. The club are looking at further offers in 2014.

Whilst in the championship 3 years ago see below the average away attendance- 8th in the table. I guess the number is up now they are in the premiership

Leeds United........................​.346 5.1
Nottingham Forest.................2081.0
Norwich City..........................​1971 .0
Leicester City........................19​68.2
QPR...........................​.... ......1562.1
Cardiff City..........................​..15 30.8
Burnley.......................​.... ......1476.3
Hull..........................​.... ..........1404. 6
Derby County........................​1319 .8
Millwall......................​.... .......1216.2
Crystal Palace.......................1​204. 6
Ipswich Town........................11​97.5
Portsmouth....................​.... ...1194.5

If there is free travel I can see 1500-2000 (and they can only have 2000)

Two bits of info I found- one currrent one old

First from this years daily mail

The Premier League has given the 20 top flight clubs £200,000 each to spend on subsidising costs for away fans and Sportsmail has investigated to see what they're doing with this money.
A 10 per cent decline in away attendances over the past five season prompted the Premier League to introduce this Away Fans Fund.

what the actual ****!?!?!

At first I said this was a dog rough draw but thinking about it last night I thought this only has positives to come from it.

1. good home and away attendance
2.winnable
3.must be well up there to be shown live on tv

And its all the money

Evening chaps, Hull City AFC fan here.

Looking forward to this tie, always liked Browny and it will be good to come across him again. The whole browny factor and the lack of excitement throughout the whole round, coupled with it being L2 at home v prem makes me think there's a good chance of it being televised. If so, I doubt we'll take much of a following with us. If not I think it could well be quite a sizeable contingent, meeting Phil Brown again will be a big pull for a lot of our fans and it's something which probably won't happen again for some time.

On the team we're likely to field, yes it will almost certainly be a fringe squad, but that doesn't mean weak. It would probably be very close to the team that finished 2nd in the championship last season, but the fact that you are league 2 might have Brucey give one or two of the youngsters a go. No offence intended there by the way.

As things stand, assuming no in comings or outgoings, I would expect our team to be something like

Harper
Rosenior McShane Faye Figueroa
Koren Meyler Quinn Boyd
Fryatt Proschwitz

Not a team lacking in quality anywhere on the pitch. But we're looking at getting one or two out the door as well as one or two in, and we also have Brady and Aluko due back from injury around the time of the game so they may also feature to gain match sharpness if they're back in time.

What do you lot think of Browny? Is he still media eccentric and mad as a bag of cats? Also how's Atkinson doing? We barely saw him but he never looked like being up to much.

All the best

How many times have we beaten a top flight side in the FA Cup?

Have we ever done so when we were in the 4th division?

We have never, ever beaten a top-flight side in the FA Cup in our almost 108-year history.

We have done it three times in the League Cup, but never in the greatest cup competition of them all. Yet.

Looking forward to this tie, always liked Browny and it will be good to come across him again. The whole browny factor and the lack of excitement throughout the whole round, coupled with it being L2 at home v prem makes me think there's a good chance of it being televised. If so, I doubt we'll take much of a following with us. If not I think it could well be quite a sizeable contingent, meeting Phil Brown again will be a big pull for a lot of our fans and it's something which probably won't happen again for some time.

On the team we're likely to field, yes it will almost certainly be a fringe squad, but that doesn't mean weak. It would probably be very close to the team that finished 2nd in the championship last season, but the fact that you are league 2 might have Brucey give one or two of the youngsters a go. No offence intended there by the way.

As things stand, assuming no in comings or outgoings, I would expect our team to be something like

Harper
Koren Meyler Quinn Boyd
Fryatt Proschwitz

Not a team lacking in quality anywhere on the pitch. But we're looking at getting one or two out the door as well as one or two in, and we also have Brady and Aluko due back from injury around the time of the game so they may also feature to gain match sharpness if they're back in time.

What do you lot think of Browny? Is he still media eccentric and mad as a bag of cats? Also how's Atkinson doing? We barely saw him but he never looked like being up to much.

All the best

Phil Brown was not exactly welcomed with open arms (especially as Paul Sturrock was loved by the majority of the fans, but had taken us as far as he could due to illness etc. The complete balls up he made with team selection for our first and only Wembley Final also went down like a lead balloon)
As the season has gone on we have witnessed a complete turnaround in our fortunes and more importantly , our playing style. We pass from the back and play through midfield with a mixture of guile and fierce tackling. Our team does not know when its beaten and will fight to the death for the result. Our two top scorers last season Assombalonga and Tomlin departed for pastures new along with two of our stalwarts in defence, Cresswell & Clohessy. Also departed is Bilel Mohsni now at Rangers, as likely to win a game for you as get sent off. In addition the emergence of our young keeper Bentley has been a revelation and we look solid all round.
This term our players are mainly contracted rather than Loanies and have bought a smile to many a sad Shrimpers face.

All in all, we demolished a very poor Millwall side and won away at two promotion chasing D2 teams in previous rounds to give PB his Dream draw.

Be ready for a battle as we may not have a potent strike force, (although Big Bad Barry Corr on his day is an nightmare for opposition defences) what we do have is goals from all of the team at the moment.

I'm looking forward to a good game and don't underestimate us as we are D2, we are playing well under PB and will be a handful.

Our players to look out for are

All of them, we are a cohesive unit with a big heart.

As for Atkinson. he has an engine like none i've seen and has started to find the target which with his workrate makes him a dangerous player.

:runner:

Last edited:

Harper
Koren Meyler Quinn Boyd
Fryatt Proschwitz

All the best

Sounds like they might be resting Windass for this game. Improves our chances no end.:nope:

Harper
Koren Meyler Quinn Boyd
Fryatt Proschwitz

All the best

Indeed. In two seasons time we'll be in the Championship and you'll be back in League 1. Never mind...

:winking:

Harper
Koren Meyler Quinn Boyd
Fryatt Proschwitz

All the best
Tell us more about the pink jumper, surely pink and orange clash ? :winking:

Back