• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great draw IMO. Hull have games against Norwich and crystal palace either side of the tie. Potential 6 pointers that could determine the rest of their season. If they take their eye off the ball, and we play as we did yesterday, we have a chance. Strong possibility that the game will be televised given the Phil Brown angle.

With the doom and gloom merchants on here today, we should count ourselves lucky that it's a home game with premiership opponents that may bring in a shillings to keep HMRC at bay for a few months

Very good chance this will be on telly I reckon. As has been said, ITV love a good giant killing opportunity and Premiershite vs a bottom division side progressing well under Hull's former eccentric boss sounds like good TV to me. Was a bit disappointed with the draw but we've got every chance of progressing, just ask Rooney or Ronaldo...

I actually don't care if its televised live or not. I will be at Roots Hall giving it large and if I need highlights as well there is always Blues Player afterwards. I certainly don't see this as a 'very winable' game as Hull are no mugs this season, and if they put out anything like their first eleven then its going to be tough. Regardless of all of that I want to see how far we have progressed/developed as a team against premier opposition. Bring it on:thumbsup:.

The ITV camera team didn't turn up at Southend for the game, they went to Southampton as they couldn't read their instructions which is why our highlights are so average (compared to Rochdale's). If we do get televised I do so hope it is by Sky or BT rather than ITV.

considering we got nearly 8000 for the Millwall game, i think we could possible push for 10,000 for this one. Depending on how many Hull bring down though!
Hopefully Hull will have a lot of exiles living in the South-east who'll see this as an easy and cheap chance to see the team live.

Are there guidelines for selecting FA Cup games to show? Like all the Prem teams are supposed to get some exposure on Sky/BT will they tend to favour teams not shown this weekend? So Arsenal, Chelsea, Manu/Swansea etc. would be less likely to be shown next time?

Hopefully Hull will have a lot of exiles living in the South-east who'll see this as an easy and cheap chance to see the team live.
I believe there is a London Tigers branch of HCFC supporters that may be tempted to see their team in the flesh.

We played them at their place in 2009/10 season. Recognise anyone in their starting XI?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/8203204.stm
That would be our very own Will Atkinson who was with Hull for 6 years and was born near Humberside. Interesting tie for him and I honestly believe a good one for us :
Phil Brown connection
Possibly televised live generating much needed income (hope its not the sat lunchtime one).
10,000 crowd potential assuming Hull bring at least 1500.
Weaker team selection by Hull.

Winnable given the above................Even fancy it myself.

Are there guidelines for selecting FA Cup games to show? Like all the Prem teams are supposed to get some exposure on Sky/BT will they tend to favour teams not shown this weekend? So Arsenal, Chelsea, Manu/Swansea etc. would be less likely to be shown next time?

No, they will select the games on merit for each round, either all-Premiership ties (of which there is only one), or else matches with Premiership teams away at lower league opposition, particularly if the home team is doing well and an upset may be on the cards. They will try to show different teams where possible, but obviously the further you go in the competition the fewer clubs there are to choose from.

Fans on here never cease to amaze me. This is an excellent draw. It's league 2 against prem at home. There is history between our manager and Hull, we are going well in the league and every chance it will be televised and extra media attention, meaning a decent cash reward. This has a classic fa cup giant killing written all over it. Can't wait to get my tickets, tv or not. Utb

Fans on here never cease to amaze me. This is an excellent draw. It's league 2 against prem at home. There is history between our manager and Hull, we are going well in the league and every chance it will be televised and extra media attention, meaning a decent cash reward. This has a classic fa cup giant killing written all over it. Can't wait to get my tickets, tv or not. Utb

Well said. I personally think it's a great draw and well looking forward to it.

The ITV camera team didn't turn up at Southend for the game, they went to Southampton as they couldn't read their instructions which is why our highlights are so average (compared to Rochdale's). If we do get televised I do so hope it is by Sky or BT rather than ITV.

That isn't correct. Rochdale had better highlights coverage because it was one of the three matches selected in advance by ITV as the featured matches in their highlights show, which meant they had a whole set of cameras and a commentary team, each club in those games picked up £6,750 and the pictures could be sold on for live broadcast abroad, such as Australia and the USA for example.

We were only ever going to get one camera and one cameraman, even if the original guy had gone to the right place instead of appearing just down the road from me, so his error made no difference to the coverage we got on last night's highlights show.

If our game is broadcast live, then it won't be on Sky, as they don't have the rights to the FA Cup. Two matches in the Fourth Round will be broadcast live on ITV and three will be shown live on BT Sport.

Fortunately, though, ITV won't be showing the FA Cup after this season, as it will be on the BBC and BT Sport from next season.

I'm glad we weren't drawn against Man U. What an anti-climax it would have been to have ended up playing Swansea instead :winking:

Did I catch a thread about a ozzy from the outback and his son coming over to watch the blues the end of january for the first time, if I remember right he will be here for this game. What game to come over to watch.

What a bunch of miserable gits some of you are. Great draw, PB will be busting a gut to win this and the players will give him 100% effort. Good chance it will be on TV and Phil has lots of media contacts.

That would be our very own Will Atkinson who was with Hull for 6 years and was born near Humberside. Interesting tie for him and I honestly believe a good one for us :
Phil Brown connection
Possibly televised live generating much needed income (hope its not the sat lunchtime one).
10,000 crowd potential assuming Hull bring at least 1500.
Weaker team selection by Hull.

Winnable given the above................Even fancy it myself.

Will actually played against us when we lost 3-1 to Hull in the league cup a few years ago.

Back