• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think we have got a fair chance of getting a result to be fair - possibly televised as well because of the Phil Brown link

ITV and BT showing 5 games between them this round, is it the same next round? A chance, albeit a small one. No real standout ties so they're likely to go for small teams against big teams. Sadly Hull aren't big enough.

One positive for me is that there is more of a chance for me to get a ticket for this one. The club has to aim to try and sell 9000 tickets. Hull fans might come because of the Brown connection maybe?

Looking at the draw, we have a very good chance of having a live TV and a extra 100k from BT or ITV, Coventry away at Arsenal won't be on TV live.

Looking at the other ties, I would be extremely surprised if this doesn't make one of the FIVE televised games! If this is the case then it would boost the coffers by £123,500 + net gate receipts + prize money.

Hull made 9 changes for the game yesterday, albeit a sickness bug was partly responsible. Something similar and if we play well...

There's a very good chance this could be televised, and if it isn't a live match, then it will be a featured game on the itv highlights show.

The Phil Brown factor will mean there will be a lot of interest in the game from all media in the build-up to matchday.

Looking at all the optimism on here explains just why we are Southend supporters ;-)

Hull made 9 changes for the game yesterday, albeit a sickness bug was partly responsible. Something similar and if we play well...
Bif difference is these games were played just after the busy Xmas period. They won't need to rest as many in the next round.

Ok chaps initiate the plan - Straker - play cack for the next 3 games so when the scouts turn up they will write you off as a pub player.
Hurst - keep banging em in from all angles - you will then be dropped before the cup game thus putting the Hull gameplan in disarray.

ITV and BT showing 5 games between them this round, is it the same next round? A chance, albeit a small one. No real standout ties so they're likely to go for small teams against big teams. Sadly Hull aren't big enough.

But that's the point. It's a "high flying" League 2 team who have just demolished a Championship team against a mediocre Prem team. Add in the PB effect and there is a good chance this might be televised.

I dont think its a bad draw. Its a Premiership club at home - add to that the Phil Brown connection, it has potential. To be honest you really can't ask for more than that. And, we have a sniff of a shock, so its got a chance of being on the telly, and all the money that brings. I'd much rather that than what Rochdale got, or a trip to somewhere like Peterborough or Port Vale.

Why all the long faces? Compare to what we could have got I think this is a great draw - and one we can WIN!!!

ITV like to televise a possible giant killing on the Sunday afternoon kick off, especially if the minnow is at home. I think there is a great chance this will on the tele.

Yes, there are no other exciting games either! I don't think I saw any prem on prem games bar Chelsea v Stoke.

I would have wanted a big team away for the pay day or a home tie, so I am ok with the home draw. As opponents Hull don't have the glamour nor the away support. I would expect them to sell out the North Bank and our results between now and the game, if good should bring in 7000 home fans. We might be on TV because of the PB factor and it being south v north and maybe the biggest gap in league standings left in the competition. Finally it could have been much, much less rewarding & the league is the priority.

Proper good fa cup destiny type draw. Phil brown the man who took hull to the prem then kept em up......fall from grace....rebuilding at sufc. ...then bam.....hull in the cup. I cant wait

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it will be televised. The ''Phil Brown'' aspect will be the clincher... romance of The FA Cup and all that. Our superb performance yesterday can only help in getting the match live on TV.

Best get the floodlights serviced in the next couple of weeks.

UTB

There are five matches being televised live in the 4th Round, and they will come from this lot:

Bolton v Cardiff
Southend v Hull
Stevenage v Everton
Wigan/MK Dons v Crystal Palace
Derby/Chelsea v Stoke
Bournemouth/Bolton v Liverpool (if they beat Oldham)
Birmingham/Bristol R/Crawley v Man Utd/Swansea (provided it all gets sorted out on time)
Sheffield United v Norwich/Fulham

Back