• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On tv surely?

Stevenage v Everton, Bornmuff v Liverpool, Brum v Manure are the only other potential live games?

Could be a good draw, Hull concentrating on Premiership may field fringe players?

Here's the draw in full, most likely ties for TV in bold (certs in green):

Sunderland or Carlisle v Kidderminster or Peterborough
Bolton v Cardiff
Southampton v Yeovil
Huddersfield v Charlton or Oxford
Port Vale or Plymouth v Brighton
Nottingham Forest v Ipswich or Preston
Southend v Hull
Rochdale v Macclesfield or Sheffield Wednesday
Arsenal v Coventry
Stevenage v Everton
Wigan or MK Dons v Crystal Palace
Derby or Chelsea v Stoke
Blackburn or Manchester City v Bristol City or Watford
Bournemouth or Burton v Liverpool or Oldham
Birmingham, Bristol Rovers or Crawley v Manchester United or Swansea
Sheffield United v Norwich or Fulham

For me looking at that I think we've got a good chance of a TV game, it depends whether they opt for two of the three top sides games. I think the Phil Brown connection will swing it in our favour.

Southend v Hull
Rochdale v Macclesfield or Sheffield Wednesday
Arsenal v Coventry
Stevenage v Everton

For me looking at that I think we've got a good chance of a TV game, it depends whether they opt for two of the three top sides games. I think the Phil Brown connection will swing it in our favour.

Arsenal v Coventry won't be live on TV, they will show Premiership teams playing lower league teams away, not at home.

100% on Live Telly

I recon it will be on Live Telly with the Brown And Hull City factor that he done well there as there Manager.

maybe the biggest gap in league standings left in the competition.

As things stand currently (and of course this will change between now and the end of the month) there are actually five ties that have a bigger gap in League placings than our tie, although the top four on this list are dependent on the completion of 3rd Round (and even one 2nd Round) ties, so they may well not happen:

Bristol Rovers v Man United - 83 League places difference

Sunderland v Kidderminster Harriers - 79 League places difference

Burton Albion v Liverpool - 66 League places difference

Manchester City v Bristol City - 64 League places difference

Stevenage v Everton - 63 League places difference

Southend v Hull - 62 League places difference

The eventual Man Utd tie (assuming they beat Swansea - not a given) would be delayed anyway while they wait for Crawley/Brizzle/Brum to play their ties. So that won't be the same weekend as us. Think we definitely have a shout - time for us to cash in on Orange Phil's media contacts and hopefully he can talk to the right people to wangle us some TV cash.

Also Hull always bring a decent number of fans down. I remember a cracking game in League 2 around 10 years ago when they brought nearly 1000 for an evening game. Hopefully they will still be up for coming although if it's on telly that will slash the away gate.

wots all the fuss about wanting to be in TV?

Id rather not be - we'll get a better crowd then.

Sure we'd get some TV money but any dosh at Southend gets pis sed down the drain o there's no point. And TV would mean smaller crowd.

Far better we pack out Roots Hall with a non-TV 3pm Saturday kick-off, then watch our passage to Round 5 on the highlights prog.

Why all the long faces? Compare to what we could have got I think this is a great draw - and one we can WIN!!!

You are aware this is a premiership team 10th in the league we are talking about ?

Of course we can win, we can win every game we play, but its highly unlikely we will.

So the best case is we get 10,000+ in and we then have to give Hull nearly half of the ticket revenue so about the same worth as a normal home game.

Not a great draw.

and phil brown thinks we could fill rootshall for this one, not to sure tho, maybe if tickets are £15 for the game we will do, I think they will be normal prices tho, £20.

Back